Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 May 2024, 09:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006, 16:33 
Editors
Editors

Thanks JKeefe ...

Do you have a link for the how to on the Wideview cockpit ?
Not that I have the game but others might ... :d

I am just about to install Lock-On ... I picked it up for £4.50 ... :D

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006, 20:25 

The wideview cockpit is part of addons available from Team Superhornet (TSH), the JF-18 modding team (of which I am a member). However, getting 1920x480 available right now involves hex editing the executable.

TSH is investigating some of the issues involved with widescreen JF-18 right now, and when we get some settled (or determine there is nothing easily done) I will post complete instructions.

Do you want detailed reports posted for TripleHead games? Maybe something like: Solution (TRIPLEHEAD): Jane's F-18 Simulator [FOV-V] [Hack]. Or maybe a separate forum for Triplehead solutions...

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006, 20:40 
Editors
Editors

We haven't decided yet if we are going to have a separate area of the Forum for TriplehHead ...
It seems for the moment there is only you and I with the TripleHead2Go ... so for now we are just posting solutions for this in the Screenshot thread.

Don't worry too much about that solution ... for the time being ... but yeah you have the right idea with ... Solution (TRIPLEHEAD): Jane's F-18 Simulator [FOV-V] [Hack]

Thank you ... 8)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006, 21:19 

I'm not so much concerned about a solution for this, since it is work in progress. But I can post solutions to between 5 and 10 other games that work without problems.

It's just you and me because we have review samples. It would probably be nice to get as many solutions up as possible in forum threads (i.e nicely organized) before these go on sale to the public. I have solutions posted in my review, scattered on various forums, etc., but it looks like this is the place to be organized about it. (The only other place I would think is on some Matrox forum somewhere).

You want me to post solutions as separate threads in the solutions forum, with a TRIPLEHEAD tag, so that they can be moved later if need be?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006, 21:26 
Editors
Editors

You want me to post solutions as separate threads in the solutions forum, with a TRIPLEHEAD tag, so that they can be moved later if need be?

Yeah that would be great ... we can allways move them at a later date ... thanks ... :D

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2006, 20:41 

Just an update that an upcoming mod release will allow the selection of 1920x480 for use with Jane's F-18, so there will be no hex editing required.