Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 23:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dual TFT gaming
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 17:16 

Hi folks,

I don't if this has been posted yet, but I want to know if there is a list of games or if it is possible to play games with 2 tfts. That means, first TFT showing the game itself (e.g counterstrike source) and the 2. TFT showing a minimap or the current stats.

I have a second tft here and I am interested in knowing what could be done with it ;). Maybe a second small graphic card for this issue ?

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 18:21 

Dual screen gaming is actually less common than triple, oddly enough. There is support, its just not widespread.

X3 is one of the games I know of that uses dual screens. Surpreme Commander will also support dual screen gaming, which is a first for an RTS I believe.

Outside of that, the TH2G does have a dual screen mode (2x1600x1200). This would be fine for any RTS but for FPS the retical would get centered in between the mons. For CSS one idea would be to just use 2 computers, with one in spectator mode. Then just put turn the overlay map on and goto town. Course then you're cheating....

Just remember that in games like X3 and Surpreme Commander, a triplehead2go acts like a single, large monitor. So to use those games you'd need to switch to standard dual screen or quad screen (using 2 cards in non-sli).

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 19:21 

Good luck trying to find games that do dual-screen. Like Tucson said, there are far more supported via something like the TH2G than dual-screen. Such games probably only account for .01% of games released :P.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 17:49 

All games that work with TH2G will work with your dual setup except for the ones that have hacked exe with preset resolutions but there aren’t many of those. Its just you will have to figure out your own FOV. In fact because its a Dual setup the FOV doesn’t need to be off as much as triple so you might be able to get away playing even more games.