Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 13:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2006, 23:49 

Hi, im thinking of taking the plunge and going with triple2go setup. But before i spend the money, i was wondering if anyone who already have Triple2go setup could help me out and try out Aces High game for me and report how it works in 3 monitor setup (if it works at all).

Aces High game can be downladed (small DL) from http://www.hitechcreations.com

it should support any resolution, file named video8.cfg in "settings" folder needs to be edited for custom resolutions.

Also i wonder if anyone has tried WW2online on triplehead2go.

Any info,screenshots and videos (would love to see a screenshot or video) are much appriated.

thx.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2006, 09:07 
Editors
Editors

Hi there ... welcome to the WSGF ... 8)

I gave it a try ...
You can actually choose the resolutions in the setup menu ... BUT ... the menu screen where you choose to fly is too big and the various options to fly online ... offline etc. ... are off the bottom of the screen and so you can't actually get into the game to fly ... :(

EDIT : ...
I managed to get passed this and into the game by changing the size of the box ... although it is easy to do it's all a bit complicated to explain right now as I have to go do other things ...
I'll write a "how to" and show you some more screens or a video later ... I'm not sure if the FOV is adjusted or not but I know you can zoom in and out in the various views ....
The cockpit view is a bit zoomed in even at the maximum zoom out ... there may or may not be a way around this ... I'll look into it later when I have more time.

Here is a quick external screenshot ...

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2006, 12:50 
Editors
Editors

OK ... I investigated further ...

You can select the TH resolutions in the "Video Setup" by clicking "Show all resolutions" tick box.
Once you choose the TH resolution the Setup Box becomes too big for the screen and the various choices for entering the game ... setup etc. are off the bottom of the screen.
So it looks like it isn't possible to get into the game ... but ...
If you change the size of this box using the resize tools (top right) you can make the box much smaller ... BUT ... this must be done before you change the resolution.
Once you change the resolution the box appears to be too big again ... but ...
You can get it the right size by choosing "Online Arena" which you can still see ... then without inputting anything choose "Cancel" ... this takes you back to the Setup Box which is now resized to fit the screen ... :)
All of the above is a right fiddle faddle ... and I was having problems trying to work it out as each of the boxes keep resizing themselves ...
So I made the ... clip.cfg ... read only and this seems to fix the box at the right size for TripleHead ...
Once in the game there are various view to choose from ...
The cockpit view is a bit too zoomed in even when you zoom out to the maximum ... you can look around in the cockpit to see the controls but it is a bit of a pain.
The other views look fine and you can use the zoom in and out feature but the FOV is not altered with the resolution and so the view is chopped off at the top and bottom ... :(
I can't find a way to increase the FOV correctly.

I do think it is playable though that as long as you are happy to fly around in the exterior view or when in the Cockpit view you are happy that in order to see the controls you will need to use keys to look around.

Some screenshots ...
As you can see the width FOV is no wider ... and so the top and bottom of the view is cut off ... :(

4:3 Cockpit view fully zoomed out ...

TH Cockpit view fully zoomed out ...

4:3 Exterior view fully zoomed out ...

TH Exterior view fully zoomed out ...

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2006, 19:09 

Wow, fast response.
Thx a million for trying it out and posting the screenshots Paddy. It looks awsome, too bad the cockpit view seems weird. Have u tried using Z key (gunsight zoom) and also arrow keys and/or [ ] keys to try and see if its possible to zoom out some more in cockpit view?

Btw what resolution is that? After closer inspection, It seem like everything is just bigger, i was hoping things would remain the same size but would offer wider viewing area.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2006, 20:17 

i was hoping things would remain the same size but would offer wider viewing area.
That's what Paddy means when he says he can't change the FOV. Because we don't know how to change that, Aces High appears to be a "Vert-" game in surround mode instead of a "Hor+" game. Hor+ is the good stuff, but you can't get it all of the time, especially in older games like this.

If someone figured out how to change the FOV, then you can get more viewing area as you'd like.