Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Jun 2024, 15:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 15:43 

I have a hard time believing that nobody has tried spanning 3 monitors across the DUALhead2go and the spare output on the video card.

Has anybody tried this at all?

My intuition says that this is a no brainer and that it should work but.....

are there any known issues? I know windows would be fooled into thinking it is a single monitor however the video card and driver might be handling things differently and it might not work?

It is my impression that as long as directx sees only one monitor as the primary monitor it will work.

As this would save $100 somebody has to have tried this.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 21:24 

Gut feeling: it won't work. I suspect 3D coding / video card drivers wouldn't be able to handle the fact that 2/3rds of the image is going to one video out while the other third is going to the second video out.

Can't say that I've tried it, though.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 22:47 

That’s a very good point. I’m going to try to reproduce the effect on two monitors to see what happens. I first need to sort through my games and see what will run in a window. That part might take me a while.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2006, 15:35 

If you need to run in a window then I see a problem already. Games running on a TripleHead2Go don't need to be run in a window. Many games can't be run in a window.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2006, 00:18 

If you need to run in a window then I see a problem already. Games running on a TripleHead2Go don't need to be run in a window. Many games can't be run in a window.

yes i know, but all the games i've tried do. Turns out that you dont even need to span the monitors in the driver on my x800pro. I could just span the window and doom 3, serious sam 2, WoW are the games i care about and they ran flawlessly. However i do see the point that you can't tell the driver to span one sized screed with another. It assumes that both screens are the same size.

If you are willing to run your games in windowed mode, this is a liable option, however for me i think i'm just going with the triple head sence i will eventually end up with sli and sli doesn't like more than one monitor.