Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2007, 15:01 

Hi Gang,

As we were discussing this elsewhere, I thought it deserved its own thread.

If you need a rehash of this topic - in short, the TH2G Digital in single screen will output to the monitor one spot - the left, instead of center, which common sense and the analog does perform. Done.

To open, I did state I was returning mine unopened due to this, in part basically because it sends a message, and it must have!

I got a phone call on my machine last night from aq Matrox Technical Support Supervisor stating they were aware of the issue, and that they believed they might have a way if making a software fix for this, and that he would be testing and let me know what occurrs, etc. If I had questions that I should give him a call, etc. (He also notes that he is going on vacation this next week ... and has assigned someone on his team to test this "Fix") :)

I was originally going to just type verbatim the message, but you all get the jist.

I'm still going to return mine, but I plan on calling him a week from Monday and seeing how things are progressing on the issue.

I might yet get one in the future, a faint glimmer of hope here.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2007, 17:14 
Insiders
Insiders

That is *excellent* news!

I suggest as I did in the other thread that people keep the pressure up by email Matrox and complaining.

I was CEO of a company long enough to know that concerted email campaigns *are* paid attention to as they are often indicative of wider customer dissatisfaction.

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2007, 21:12 

Just to add I emailed my concerns to Matrox and had a reply stating that the engineering guys were looking into the issue.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2007, 01:42 

Yeah that's the same line they told me about the static wavy lines on my analog version that many other people were also getting....never heard from them again. Good luck.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 18:52 

Well then .. Luck favoreth RW-1 ...

Here is a copy of my response, sent today from Matrox, and my original email I sent.
(I don't have the heart to tell 'em it's already been returned, I can of course get it again):

"Hello Marc, Thank you for contacting Matrox.

When TripleHead2Go Digital Edition is running in single-output mode, the left display is the active display; however, while gaming in a single-screen configuration, it is preferable to have the center display as the primary display.

Matrox will release a new firmware for TripleHead2Go Digital Edition to activate this set-up. This firmware update will be available through Tech Support on Thursday, August 2nd.

You can contact our Tech support by phone at 514-685-0270 or email at [email protected].

Please note that in order to receive technical support by phone or email, you must first register your card and obtain a client ID number, if you have not done so, please visit the following link: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/corpo/support/clientid.php.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for choosing Matrox.

Best Regards,

Anna Maria Kounougeris

Inbound Sales Representative Matrox Graphics Inc.
Toll-free 1-800-361-1408
Email: [email protected]
URL: http://www.matrox.com/graphics"

I then actually got a second email from her thus appending the firmware release date:

"I unfortunately made an error in my previous email and the firmware update will be available through Tech Support on Friday August 3rd, instead of Thursday August 2nd. "

My original email:

This is an email notifying Matrox that I am RETURNING a bought Triple Head 2 Go Digital edition from Provantage unopened and unused.

A basic design flaw with the unit has been uncovered with poreting of the single screen resolutions to the left monitor, vice the center, whereas common sense for any usage would cry out for it to be on the center monitor, and is demonstrated by the same capability in the analog version that I was replacing.

As I am not going to own a digital version and then either have to wait for a correction, or worse yet, have to purchase another unit after any changes are made, I am simply not obtaining one.

I hope that Matrox will address the issue and either re-release a corrected unit, or find a method of modifying the existing ones to correct the issue.

As this product is particulary suited to gaming, you have a large market base that most likely will respond in the same fasion as I am.

Please do not disreguard this issue as unimportant.

So,once again, literary competance wins out!

Now, I'll wait until you guys out there with the digitals actually test this ...

I'm sure Wazoo will be smiling now ... :D

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 19:05 
Insiders
Insiders

WOOHOO!!!

Nice to see that they realized the problem and jumped right on it.

I'll be ordering mine immediately.

Thanks RW-1 for leading the charge on this. :D

Wazoo

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 19:27 

Hmm, I guess I'll let you do the testing Waz ... then I'll re-order.

Looking over the email, I wonder if we'll see the upgrade in support on the site, or have to request it ....

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2007, 00:03 
Insiders
Insiders

FYI.... I received the exact same email response today as well.

I also ordered my TH2Go-D from SafeHarborComputers.com.

They are the only place I could find one in stock.

I'll let you all know my buying experience....

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2007, 11:05 

Do u guys have a link to download the new firmware ?
I can't find it on the matrox support site.

Thx

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2007, 22:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok.... got everything hooked up...

I spoke with Matrox and the only way to get the firmware update seems to be to register and then request it.

The tech support guy did it for me and I got it.

Here is a link for people that need it and don't want to wait for Matrox:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9nbsgxe1ebi

I installed it and it works perfectly.... even during BIOS boot-up.

Make sure to shut down PowerDesktop before installing the upgrade per Matrox.

Wazoo

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next