Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 19:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007, 03:10 
Editors
Editors

Just choose your TripleHead resolution in the games video option ...

Sweet game ... runs smooth on my setup but sorry I didn't have things set to include the frame rates
Average framerate everything at max ... 40-50fps.
30-35 in big action scene with timeshift effects.
That was without the latest nVidia beta drivers which it kept asking me to download and one would assume that they would help.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007, 14:17 

Looks interesting, do you know what kind of engine it uses?

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007, 15:26 
Editors
Editors

Developer: Saber Interactive
Publisher: Atari
TimeShift uses a game engine called the Saber3D Engine which has been radically upgraded since the last demo ... I believe.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007, 19:36 

i just played the demo last night and what a game. i'll definitely get this one. didn't even think about this game till i tried the demo and very impressed. the concept is really cool, can't wait for release.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 19:20 

Hey guys,

since playing the UT3 Beta Demo and CoD4 demo on my TH2G0 DE setup I have been really disappointed with the shoddy FoV or 'squashing' either game display. Thinking bout giving the TimeShift demo a go now, anyone know how it copes with 3840x1024? The posted pics look wicked, just wanna be sure...

All the best

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 21:11 
Editors
Editors

Hey ... jmbuehler ... welcome to the forum ... 8)

It works great in TripleHead unlike the demos of UT III and CoD4 which have problems as you found. Lets hope they can be fixed.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 21:51 

Hey Paddy,

so glad I found you guys, ever since using a TH2Go I have been searching for a helpful online resource, as I find that particularly newer titles are having issues with the special requirements of the setup.

TimeShift Demo download just completed, so I guess I'll delve right in and check it out. Oh and also, I am aware that there is a FoV hack for Bioshock floating about, but it never seemed to work on my system. Would really appreciate it if you guys could point me in the right direction.

Again, thanks so much!

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 22:03 
Editors
Editors

Developer: Saber Interactive
TimeShift uses a game engine called the Saber3D Engine which has been radically upgraded since the last demo ... I believe.

I was in the beta for this over a year ago. I can't even remember when it was because it was so long ago now. It's completely different now, and loads better. It was a lot more cartoony back then and really quite useless, so it's hugely satisfying that they actually took the critique left by testers and changed it! Doesn't seem to happen a lot.

Found it bloody hard though, i die loads lol.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 22:48 
Editors
Editors

Hey Paddy,

so glad I found you guys, ever since using a TH2Go I have been searching for a helpful online resource, as I find that particularly newer titles are having issues with the special requirements of the setup.

TimeShift Demo download just completed, so I guess I'll delve right in and check it out. Oh and also, I am aware that there is a FoV hack for Bioshock floating about, but it never seemed to work on my system. Would really appreciate it if you guys could point me in the right direction.

Again, thanks so much!
Re Bioshock ... look here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/
That fix should work ... if it doesn't please ask/post about it in a separate thread so as to keep posts on topic ... :wink:

Back on topic ... let us know what you think of Timeshift.

@ eZ` ... yeah it has changed quite a bit hasn't it ... all for the better too !

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2007, 07:17 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Developer: Saber Interactive

I was in the beta for this over a year ago. I can't even remember when it was because it was so long ago now. It's completely different now, and loads better. It was a lot more cartoony back then and really quite useless, so it's hugely satisfying that they actually took the critique left by testers and changed it! Doesn't seem to happen a lot.

Found it bloody hard though, i die loads lol.

They changed the engine from Saber3D to UE3, I'm pretty sure. That's why the game got delayed by about a year.