Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2008, 07:21 

Howdy, everyone. I recently got my TH2GO running with three slim-bezel Samsung 204B monitors. This is great!

I have tried two games that are compatible with TH2GO: Serious Sam 2 and Half-Life 2 (Episode Two).

Experimentation when I first got the TH2GO showed that the game that I most wanted to plan, Half-Life 2, completely bypasses bezel management. Having three old CRT monitors on the desk was not conducive to happy playing, so I shelved the triple-head experience until now. It is much better with the new LCD displays.

I would still like to use bezel management when possible. In Serious Sam 2, turning it on at all, even with zero pixel offset on each side, makes the in-game experience chop off quite a bit of the picture. It loses perhaps 200+ pixels' worth. It looks better than no bezel management, but the effect is as if it's assuming that I have thick bezels, so it's unilaterally taking out too much. This is ONLY in the game. The desktop looks correct.

Is there a tweak to either the global bezel management settings or to the Serious Sam 2 SGU settings to get around this?

Thanx
Ian

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2008, 17:47 

Bezel Management is not something that should act different based on what game you are playing. It should simply shift the outside screen images a set number of pixels towards the center, regardless of application or anything else.

I suspect that you are getting these odd results because of how bezel management gets set up. Separate bezel management settings are stored for each mode (resolution and refresh rate) used by your TripleHead2Go. If you set up bezel management on your desktop using 3840x768 @ 60 Hz, but then game at 2400x600 @ 60 Hz, you are using different bezel management settings. You need to set your desktop to each resolution you use for your game and set the appropriate bezel management parameters.

Does this help or am I completely off?

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2008, 02:01 

Yes, of course, that was it exactly! I can now use bezel management in both Serious Sam 2 and Half-Life 2.

Thanks very much!
Ian

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2008, 22:20 

Glad that helped. Matrox doesn't do a very good job of documenting how bezel management is affected when you change resolutions.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2008, 22:38 
Insiders
Insiders

What would be really sweet is if Matrox gave the WSGF community members that had a TH2GO an opportunity to write up the user manual. With all of use put together we could probably write a pretty damn good one too.