Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Aug 2024, 15:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2008, 23:51 

I know the thread title sounds strange, a second monitor with TH2Go but I think of TH2Go as one monitor really, so my 'second' monitor is a 7" touchscreen. I have an 8800GTS and am running the touchscreen as a second monitor via the 8800's second DVI output.

I brought the touchscreen for gaming, making custom buttons for race sims and the like. It works fine with "Touchbuddy" software, except for one problem. The Touchbuddy software doesn't start in the second monitor, it always starts on one of my TH2Go screens and I have to manually drag it to the touchscreen everytime. This has something to do with the Matrox Powerdesk Desktop Management software. I have "Automatically save/restore window positions" ticked but it always re-starts my touchscreen app in the main window. The Power Desk software does list the 2nd monitor as a window to "Open program windows" in, but I don't want ALL programs to open in my little 7" touchscreen - just the one program - the touchbuddy software.

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of set-up and can shed any light on it?

Cheers,

Mr Pibb

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 01:52 

Perhaps a command line launch switch?

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 11:49 

Hi,

I would imagine, that the "2nd monitor" in the Matrox PowerDesk software actually means the 2nd monitor of those witch are connected to the TripleHead2Go unit. So basically it means the center monitor.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 14:23 

No, the "second monitor" in Matrox Powerdesk is definately the little 7" screen. The middle (second triplehead) screen is referred to separately. Some basic testing proved this and besides, the "second monitor" was not even an option before installing this touchscreen.

How would I go about making a 'command line launch switch'?

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 21:04 

Ultramon, a multimonitor management program, can be used to set selective applications to start in certain positions. Not only can you specify which window, you can even pick the exact pixel location if you so desire.

Ultramon is not free but there is a free 30-day demo. Registration costs $39.95. This is a one-time fee with free updates forever. It's a great program for multi-monitor users.

Post subject: Problem solved
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 23:55 

Thanks for that! That might well be worth a look for general running.

In any case, I've got the problem sorted :D The touchscreen game interface software I'm using (Touchbuddy) has a config file which can set all of these options and many many more. So now everything's sweeeet. :D :D And TH2Go runs as normal.

Regards.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 00:24 

Sorry, I should have posted a more detailed answer but was in a rush, I had hoped that the little bit that I posted would help. What you would do is right click on your special program go to properties and would ad a "-" and some configuration text. This text would then be sent to the program as it launches and if it is an acceptable command it would be run. You would have had to research the acceptable commands for your specific program tho.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 00:34 

Thanks Edward.

Yes, the software does come with a gazillion command line options (sort of) courtesy of a txt config file. This solved the problem as mentioned above.

Thanks again.