Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Sep 2024, 13:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2008, 05:46 

Hi All. New to the TH2G sceen, but not super new to widescreen gaming. I had Parhelia a long time ago, but it didn't really keep up with gaming, so I dropped it. Anyways, i just got my setup all put together and for some reason I can't seem to get my screen set up right or something. For starts here is my basic hardware setup:

Asus 8800GTS(320MB)
3x NEC 1880SX Monitors
TH2GDigital
Asus P5E32N-SLI Mobo, with 4 Gig of ram and Q6600 CPU

Running Vista32, with the following drivers/bios

TH2Go FW: 2.3.40
Nvidia Driver: 7.15.11.7792

Not sure what else you need hardware etc, but anyways. What happens is anytime I try to set up my 3840x1024 resolution no matter what cable combination etc I try the no 1 monitor (and yes I have swapped cables etc, and it isn't the monitor itself, but the plug location on the TH2G box) goes all flashy and flickery and won't stay on. I looked more carefully and it seems that for some wierd reason when I enable the TH resolutions etc it shifts the horizontal refresh frequency of that monitor down by like 1Hz for some reason. I was hoping that its not because I need a new video card, but not really sure. Any help would be super. I did search around and couldn't find anything on this issue.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2008, 09:15 
Editors
Editors

Hey ... welcome to the forum ... 8)

If you have swapped the cables and the monitors around and the problem is always on monitor one ... I think it is likely to be the TH2G with the problem ...
I would suggest you call Matrox.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2008, 15:26 

Yeah sounds like the TH2G is defective. If you swapped the monitor to say port 2 and the flicker went away on that monitor then most likely the TH2G. In my experience they have always been fast to reply and easy to deal with. Keep us posted.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 20:35 

Well, I talked to the guy I bought it from as well as tech support. I had previously moved the USB plug to a USB hub a while back, to troubleshoot a previous problem. I had updated the firmware on the TH2Go and hadn't moved the USB plug back to right on the computer. After I moved the plug back to the computer instead of the hub it all seems good to go. Man, I love this thing!