Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 20:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 00:20 

anyone recommend any game that will run good (not look wierd) on
2x 1920x1200

I can run at 3x 1440x900 but it's not native resolution and doesn't look as nice.

I would like to try 1920x1200 dual. but can't really think of a game that can take full advantage of that...

btw: how come u can't do bezel management on dual display?

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 00:51 

Hi

When you say your monitor doesn't look nice at 1440x900, what exactly is wrong with the image, other than being bigger of course?

I ask that simply because I too have to run at 3x1440x900, but really my image doesn't look bad, only different due to everything being larger. In games with 16X AF and 8x AA, I really can't see any difference then they looked at native. Maybe slightly, but not really anything that stands out as being bad.

I don't know of any games that would work well, being as the bezel would be in the center. Crosshairs would be split. A npc would have half their face on one screen and the other half on the other. Flight Simulator might work okay by moving your 'seat' over, so the bezel isn't in your direct view. rFactor too probably, though for it you would have to edit the cockpitinfo.ini file for each car you drive. Even a chess game would seem odd, I imagine.

All games I have ever played have the focal point in the center. It would have to be editable in a config file to make it less annoying (i.e. move the view point off center).

Bezel Management would not be able to be used, because bits would become unvisable. In a shooter, you would lose your crosshair behind the bezel. In a flight sim, you would lose things like the runway center line, or if combat flight sim, the gun sight, etc.
You would very limited at any games that would play well like that.
I think two monitors would only be okay for windowed applications.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2009, 20:18 

not that it look "bad" on 4320x900 on triple 24"

but my previous set of 24" from Soyo I can run at 3x1680x1050 and to me that is a very noticable improvment in picture quality and everything is sharper (very useful in FPS for shooting small people in the distance)

if you tried 3x1680x1050 then back to 4320x900 it is a big difference..

at 16xAA and 4xAA 4320x900 look good too but not as good 5040x1050

Supreme commander seems to run and look ok on 2x1920x1200. things looks nicer running on native resolution.