Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 01:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2010, 03:10 
Insiders
Insiders

I love the other games, but after trying them in Eyefinity, the inventory overlay is off-center, stretched, and the click-points seem to be misaligned when they're not on the center display. The stretching doesn't bother me so much - it's hit-and-miss fun when trying unload/attach/drop when the item is displayed on the monitor to the right.

I looked around here and some STALKER mod sites, but have yet to see a mod or fix for it.

Has anyone else found one? Or know how to edit the inventory screen? I guess if worse comes to worst, I'll grab others' inventory mods and try to figure it out.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2010, 12:05 
Editors
Editors

Its the same inventory, with the same old bugs / annoyances - easiest way without mods to drop an item is to click on it and drag to the left.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2010, 15:38 
Insiders
Insiders

And equip it to unload. Still no luck on a mod to remedy it. The HUD elements can be stretched adn such, so you'd think it'd be possible for the inventory...

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2010, 21:04 
Insiders
Insiders

I finally got CoP running after big headaches with SecuRom (http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&lang=en), but working great now in 3840x1024 with settings max'd.

The inventory is still stretched, but I have no problems clicking or right clicking an object nor any problem moving it around.

This is one of the few games I play with bezel management OFF because there is lots of text to read and vital things get lost in the bezels.

My major complaint at this point is my inability to switch between full bezel and no bezel management during the game. When not using menus , or the PDA etc. and just fighting in 1st person, I'd prefer to use bezel management.

Currently to do so, I have to switch to desktop, turn it on, then back in. Rinse and repeat. Too much of a pain in the arse so I just leave it off.

Anyone else getting this problem?

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2010, 01:22 
Insiders
Insiders

That was actually a concernof mien for when ATI finally gets around to adding bezel management. So you can click the inventory context menu items okay? I have no problem with any of it on the center screen, and I can left-click on the side screen and right-click is fine the fist time. It's those damned pop-up menus that I have trouble clicking... But really, it's a tiny problem and quite worth putting up with to play. Hey, when you fist start out, there's a:

Spoiler:

Two artifacts, and a stash with a Vintar BR sniper rifle atop a burnt-out building in "Burnt Farmstead", just north of your first base.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2010, 02:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Needs screenshots badly.

How is game compared to Stalker SoC/CS? I loved SoC, CS was kind of eh though especially with the super lame ending.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2010, 09:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Found a tidbit :(

http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=1427&sec_id=18

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 01:05 
Insiders
Insiders

J
Needs screenshots badly.

How is game compared to Stalker SoC/CS? I loved SoC, CS was kind of eh though especially with the super lame ending.

I'm early into it, but so far so good. Like you, I loved SoC but thought CS was just OK. I've got it to utilize all four cores by don't the affinity fix I read about. With everything Max and no AA, I'm steadily in the 30-40fps range at worst running at 3840x1024. Sometimes I have noticed in the inventory screen that if I right click and the try to left click "drop", it doesn't seem to work. However, unload works just fine so I'm not sure if it is a game mechanic or not.

I'm still hella annoyed about not being able to turn bezel management off on the fly. That is my latest complaint as I've got around the Securom problem that was keeping me from playing. :)

Overall, it is good fun. I feel you either "get" the Stalker series or you don't. It has a unique feel that I really love.

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 14:51 
Editors
Editors

Hi guys ...
I made a center screen HUD mod ... Click here
This HUD took me several hours to do ... the inventory screens etc. would take way way too long (like days if not weeks) to fix for TH as pretty much every element has to be edited individually and each one checked in the game each time.
There doesn't seem to be a global scaling ability ... :(

EDIT ... several hours on ... I managed to get the dialogue text all on the center screen ... :) ... follow the link above.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 00:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Ya a guy as GSC-gameworld forum was saying the same thing; that one woudl have to edit LOTS of values. :( Makes me hope for a bezel magement hotkey, whenever ATI gets off their duffs and integrates it.

But a centered dialogue box is pretty keen.

Thanks!