Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 16:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Surround/SoftTH
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2012, 22:28 

By a stroke of luck, I've inadvertently built a computer that could run eyeyfinity and another that would run surround. This was a while back and wasn't planned to happen that way. But when multiple monitor display became possible, I also had 3 HannsG 28" LCD monitors. So gave both eyefinity and surround a try. They both work on my setup, although I like surround better because the instructions are more user friendly. IMHO eyefinity detections obtuse, at least for an old my man like me. But I really dislike about both is neither will run Over Flander's Fields on 3 monitors. Just one monitor. Now I understand from a thread here that Over Flander's Fields will run on triple monitors using SoftTH. Now here's the question: could I install and setup SoftTH on the surround computer and run Over Flander's Fields on triple monitors if I disable surround in the nVidia Control Panel? And then reverse that to run Rise of Flight in surround? Being able to do both would put a smile on this old face.

Post subject: Well looking at SoftTH
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 00:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Well looking at SoftTH website it doesn't say Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 3 has been tested, but since it says it supports DX9 it could in theory work if you disable Surround or Eyefinity. What I would recommend though is to try finding a config file for your display settings and modify that if it is possible with Surround or Eyefinity still enabled. My discs are not easily accessible for me at this time or I would try to help find it for you, if my circumstance changes though I will let you know!

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

Post subject: Of all the multi-display
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 08:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Of all the multi-display gaming options SoftTH is the most confusing. You have to manually script the configuration for each game.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2012, 10:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Of all the multi-display gaming options SoftTH is the most confusing. You have to manually script the configuration for each game.

There is a configurer now, for 2.0 and higher.