Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 05:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 09:47 
Editors
Editors

Im having a hard time playing without zooming in to use my iron sights or scope, for some reason my weapons are missing the little white crosshairs.

I know in hardcore mode you dont have them, nor the minimap. But I do not have them in regular games. I used to have them I think when I first started playing the game, its like they just went away and because I was playing hardcore for a while I didnt notice they were missing at first. Especially because up until just now I was playing as sniper so I always used a scope.

Now I am medic and trying to use the LMG and Handguns without the crosshair and at a big disadvantage in close quarters combat.

I wonder if this could be in any way related to multi monitor gaming (like Halflife 2) I am running 6004x1200 (Eyefinity w/ Bezel Compensation)

So if anybody else has the problem this would be the place to ask.

Another thing, not worthy of its own thread, do any of you guys have the same problem I have finding it hard to see your cursor on the respawn menu where you have to choose your spawn location and equipment and stuff? That little cursor is really hard to see sometimes so I have to usually just scroll down and left a few times until I know the cursor is in the bottom corner of the left monitor and then find it from there.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 13:12 

Some Normal-Core servers have cross hair disabled. Check the server settings that you are loggin onto first.

Yes, the cursor is a hassle to see. There are so many little bug to this awsome game.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2010, 17:25 
Editors
Editors

Ahh you may be right, they are back now in a different server, though I have had some strange issues with the game like at random after already playing the game for a while I had it tell me to insert the game disk and close... when I use the EA Downloader digital version of the game and dont have a disk.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2010, 18:22 

I was having a missing crosshair problem (along with a couple other missing HUD elements, like the inability to actually use mortar) around the time that you made your first post, actually. :) Seems like it might be a fairly common bug, if it wasn't just a server setting. And I actually wasn't running it across multiple monitors.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2010, 12:38 
Editors
Editors

I hate to start a new thread over a simple question so since we got that prior question out of the way.

Anybody running 3x24" with just a single 5870? If so hows your frame rate & settings.

On all High withe HBAO off and Shadow medium I play quite nice @ 6004x1200 however there are a few spots in the game with heavy weather conditions that cause me to lag, and in those situations it puts me at a huge disadvantage.

Im thinking of turning down the settings to medium to see if it helps but I really wont know since its only those few circumstances it happens, I also thought about forcing DX10 or DX9 but that seems counter productive and when I forced DX9 last time I got horrible tearing and texture flickering so it was not very playable despite the big frame rate boost.

Im afraid if I overclock just like usual I will get very bat tearing from "the line" issue though I have not noticed any tearing in this game without overclock while in say Dirt 2 I do notice minor tearing and it only gets ALOT worse with any kind of overclock, so maybe I should try to OC and see if it effects this game any.

I wish they had built in benchmarks as a standard in new games these days, just seems like a common sense idea to me.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2010, 14:51 

I wish they had built in benchmarks as a standard in new games these days, just seems like a common sense idea to me.

Common sense is expensive to implement these here days.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2010, 23:44 
Editors
Editors

I hope there was sarcasm intended :D A time demo loop for a benchmark should not cost anything extra in production of a game other than a few days work.