Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 00:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 09:21 
Editors
Editors

The 1.02 for patch notes for Splinter Cell: Conviction say ...
- Added ATI Eyefinity support (we are waiting on a validation by AMD for theEyefinity Ready official stamp)

What does this mean ...

Eyefinity is working now but but may need adjusting depending on AMD's view of it ?

Eyefinity is not currently working but we added support for it and it will be working soon when AMD approve what we have done ?

and does it also mean ... TripleHead or Multimonitor support will only be available with Eyefinity and it won't work for Matrox TH2G and SoftTH and the soon to be ... Nvidia surround ?

Anyone got any ideas and has anyone with Eyefinity got it working ?
The config file certainly has a new line ... EyefinityMode=2

Also posted on the ubi.com Splinter Cell: Conviction PC forum ...
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/1131039958

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 09:25 

Yeah its a bit disappointing as it should work with TH as well lets hope its fixed soon as its unplayable with a Stodgy Sam Fisher :x

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 10:02 

Hi Paddy

it could be related to this section on AMD's website:

http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-software.aspx

however i can confim that the game works flawlessly with eyefinity from what ive tried of it so far however though my fps would be a bit better as running two 5870's and getting 47fps with all settings maxed apart from AA

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 10:24 
Editors
Editors

Oh no! ... if you have it working then I'm beginning to think this is an Eyefinity ONLY fix.
And ... it is looking like they deliberately fixed this for Eyefinity only based on that line in the config file (I hope I'm wrong) ... which is very bad news for all TripleHeaders including Eyefinity owners/users.
Are are we going to have fixes for games based GPU manufacturer?
It is so unnecessary all they have to do is remove the damned black bars.

Is there anyone not using Eyefinity that has TripleHead working ?

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 11:49 
Editors
Editors

Well it seems to be broken even after patch 1.02 on triple wide at 5040x1050, running a matrox THG.

Cant believe they will add support only for ATI/eyefinity users. If its true, we can expect later this year games to support only Nvidia Surround, and not Eyefinity, etc ... :doh

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 12:22 

however i can confim that the game works flawlessly with eyefinity from what ive tried of it so far however though my fps would be a bit better as running two 5870's and getting 47fps with all settings maxed apart from AA

works perfect for me also... btw 47 fps with 2 5870's i get around avg 35 to 40 with one with everything all maxed out except aa too

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 12:24 
Founder
Founder

If they enabled Eyefinity only, then that is just crap. I know from AMD that their intent is not to lock developers into one solution. The goal is to get the proper Hor+ and resolution support.

This will be our lobbying effort for next week.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 13:12 
Editors
Editors

I know from AMD that their intent is not to lock developers into one solution.
I don't believe that for one second !
Removing black bars would never be about what GPU you happen to have and so this stinks of ATi telling them "how to" do it in such a way that it conveniently excludes other GPU's ... especially as the config now has a line "EyefinityMode=2"

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 13:49 
Editors
Editors

this stinks of ATi telling them "how to" do it in such a way that it conveniently excludes other GPU's ...

Mmm, maybe cause Nvidia Surround is coming out soon...

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 13:55 
Editors
Editors

Whatever the reason ... it stinks for all TripleHead gamers if this this sort of thing happens because one manufacturer or other has a fear of loosing exclusivity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next