Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 16:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 16:21 

hello everyone new to site and hope im in the right place to get some help.

right first off i am a bit confused with getting my monitors setup right for arma.arma2.+OA and BAF.i am a bit of a noobie when it comes to editing so please bear with me.

my specs are

3 dell ph2310 (23")
xfx 5850 (5760x1280)with bezel comp on

everything runs fine but the two side monitors look rather stretched when i look IE:-the soldier looks rather fat but when i move round to middle screen he is normal,i have read loads on the fov aspect but it really does confuse me and im not very clever with maths ect so was hoping someone could help me get it sorted if possiable.

here is the deatails i found for the fov settings.

fovTop=0.75;
fovLeft=3;
uiTopLeftX=0.40833333;
uiTopLeftY=0.22499999;
uiBottomRightX=0.5916667;
uiBottomRightY=0.77499998;
IGUIScale=0.55000001;

i have managed to sort the hud out so thats in the middle screen,can i get the side monitors looking more better or is that how it will look as other games i play like flashpoint dragon rising is perfect and also battlefield bad comany 2 is spot on and dont get that stretched look on side monitors

i hope someone can guide/tell me what settings i need to do,i have tried triplehead setting in game and looks ok on middle monitor but rather horrid on side ones.

hear is a pic of my setup

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2010, 20:00 
Editors
Editors

Edge distortion (the "fisheye" effect that makes objects on the side panels look close and fat) is a known issue in multi-mon, check this out: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/videos/edgedistort.php

If you think Arma2 is more distorted than other games you have tried, maybe you should start by posting pictures of this game ;)
Also, are you using Bezel comp. in all your games ?