Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 17:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 18:18 

I was just sitting here looking through the forum posts and didn't see one about Star Wars Force Unleashed II. So I am hoping this game will support triple monitor support :D I will be getting my new monitor the same day I am getting the game for PC so I will definitely be trying it out to find out what will happen.

computer_man20037

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 19:37 

I haven't heard anything either way, but since the last game was, if they're using the same engine it should be OK. However, I wouldn't hold my breath on it, because the first one working in Eyefinity was a fluke.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 19:59 
Editors
Editors

Hang on, the original worked in EyeFinity?

...I'm gonna have to try that in Surround, then... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 22:16 

Hang on, the original worked in EyeFinity?

...I'm gonna have to try that in Surround, then... :mrgreen:

This is the first I'm hearing of it as well. That's what I get for playing it on console when it came out.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 22:30 

Wait the original one was.... :D... I didn't know that... hooray hopefully the new one will be... I will have to test that out on my new setup then and see how it performs :rockout

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010, 10:10 
Editors
Editors

This is the first I'm hearing of it as well. That's what I get for playing it on console when it came out.

Aye. I bought it for the PS3 when it was released... got the PC version when Steam were selling it for a fiver a while back... and like DMC4, I've had way more fun on the PC version than I did on the console one.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 14:58 

I will be getting the game tonight when I get home from work so I will get my new monitor setup going and test out the game to see if eyefinity will work... hoping it will will try to get pictures to post on here showing how it looks. *crosses fingers*

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 03:04 
Insiders
Insiders

I got my copy today (Well, actually, I got it yesterday.. Bestbuy here always have stuff early...).

I can confirm it is still Hor+ in surround; however the HUD isn't centered, my health/force is positioned at the top of my left screen, about half way over... unfortunately, all menus in the game art Vert-, rendered mostly unusable, and I've gotten a few crashes when navigating the menus in surround. I'd recommend adjusting all your settings before switching to surround (an *.ini edit for the resolution isn't required this time around, it's in the menu by default, bezel compensated resolutions as well.)

It's impossible to change the difficulty setting, any graphics settings (there's only resolution and anti-aliasing checkbox) or audio options in surround @ 48:9 AR. I can however just barely change out saber crystals and adjust force powers, and change outfits in surround, thankfully. It would be a massive hassle to have to change the resolution to adjust these.. since an *.ini edit is required to get back to once screen as the "apply" button for the resolution option is off screen in surround due to vert- menus.

There are a few in-game cutscenes this time around that are also Vert- unfortunately. There are also Just Cause 2 style key prompts that require the user to hit keys in a certain order to bring down bosses, much like the first game, however, the entire animation sequence for these are Vert-, and I've ran into 3 situations where it is a guessing game to complete it as your character goes off screen, and the command prompt with it, so I find myself just mashing every button, and made it through with some luck. I'm only 2 levels in, and I've encountered 3 bosses with this problem.

Once again, the game is capped @ 30 frames, and all pre-rendered cut scenes are stretched. With the 260.99 drivers, I can run this game at a fairly consistent 30 frames, which wasn't the case in the first game. The 260.99 drivers add an SLI profile for this game, and made a *massive* improvement to my performance, on the 260.89 drivers, framerate was extremely unstable and GPU usage in the 80-90s, causing some uncomfortable thermals.. the 260.99 drivers brought GPU usage down to the 20-30s and framerate holds steady at 30 for the most part. It's a hassle to get the 260.99 drivers working, but I got i got surround working properly after awhile.

All issues aside, I'm still enjoying the game, but I'm a big star wars fan.. No revolutionary changes in PC support from the first one though - same crap console port feel. Even worse than the first infact.. thanks to vert- menus.

I'll post up screenshots in a confirmed solution later (if someone already hasn't..)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 13:46 

From what i read, it's a very short game. It can be completed in five hours.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 14:27 

Anyone know how to change the resolution before i start the game? The game sets the resolution to something 2xxx*1xxx and i cant access the menus.

God, its 2010, why cant they make games that natively support big resolutions?