Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 06:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New bc2 patch and menus
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 22:04 

Anyone else having serious menu issues with the new bc2 patch? After the patch the menus are split between 2 monitors now and if I change my rez from 5760 to 1920 I then lose all ability to click on any menus or interact with the menu whatsoever. I have tried the patch twice now and it is fubar for my game. The game itself still looks normal but I can now no longer change resolutions without losing ALL ability to interact with any menus and the menus even at max rez are split between monitors. Any ideas?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 00:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Not much help but it is still fine for me 5760x1200 no bezel correction

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 01:01 

Hmm this is just weird. Everything is shifted to the right by one monitor in the menus but the game itself plays fine. Change the rez to anything that is non surround and the menus are locked out and will not accept any mouse or kb controls. Very odd.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 10:40 

Yes I have had the same issue very annoying! I'm also running sli GTX 480

I upgraded to 260.99 and it fixed the problem, but gave me headaches in changing from surround to all displays (jumbles screens all over the shop) and also Oasis (the best of the new maps) seems to CTD in surround.

What drivers are you running?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 18:34 

I can't update until they fix the performance issue with 3DVS though so until that driver comes out I am stuck with these or half of my games will no longer be playable in 3DVS. Man these drivers are a mess. Sheesh. Thanks for the heads up on the problem and the fix though; had a sneaky suspicion that it might be driver related.