Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 15:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 02:11 

I've already posted a query about this in the Atari forums.
In Burnout Paradise and F1 2010 the in-game display options recognize my beveled resolution of 6008x1200.
I don't see that in TDU2. Just the max of 5760x1200.
Anyone using this game and been able to resolve this in any way?

Other than that...the game works on my triple display.
The HUD is out of focus and too large though if I drive with the bumper cam view.

I also had a crashing issue with this game until I installed the ccc 11.2 drivers.

Thanks.

P.S. not sure if you can see this without logging in...but here's the thread at Atari TDU2 forums where i've asked about this same issue:
http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=38068

ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme; AMD Phenom II X6 1090T; 16GB Corsair Dominator; Corsair AX850 PSU; Corsair H100i CPU Cooler; OCZ Vertex 2 Ext. 180GB SSD; MSI GTX 970; 3x ASUS VW266H 25.5; Fanatec Porsche 918 RSR and V2 Base; Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5; HE Sim Pedals Pro; GamePOD GT2 Cockpit

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 09:41 
Editors
Editors

Dunno if that's the case with TDU2 (the game refuses to start on my system ATM), but some games just can't use bezel-compensated resolutions, although they properly detect multiples of common resolutions. Lost Planet 2 is one of those.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 10:39 
Insiders
Insiders

Wonder how it'll handle a 5x1P res like 5250x1680? I've ran into a few games that'll handle triple screen resolutions but not five-screen. I typically run 6000x1920, but could res down to 5250x1680 or 5400x1920 if needed. I'd really like to get another racing game working on my setup. i was hoping that this would be the next one I'd buy.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 20:58 

*sigh*...lol, my first post as a new member here, and it is a silly error on my part.

This is my first upgrade of the CCC drivers for this eyefinity rig. When I went in to other games...they too had nothing higher than 5760x1200...because that is what it is set to after the installation of the new drivers. I had not gone in and done the beveling. doh

So...I did the beveling, went in to TDU, and just like Burnout Paradise, Live for Speed, F1 2010...it now showed the new desktop resolution from the beveling.

It's taken me awhile to notice...but along with the standard resolutions...these game can "see" your specific resolution.
After the beveling, mine is 6008x1200. And that's exactly what appears in the above games.
I think on a previous bevel adjustment...the number was something like 6040x1200, and the games listed that as an option at that time.
So this is great that they "see" what you have. I suppose there's "terminology" for this. I have some learnin' tuh do.

Still, with TDU2 and Dirt2 it is stretched. It wasn't horrible...but bad enough for me that I now set those two games to my monitor size (1920x1200) and just turn off the side monitors when playing them. The distortion from the stretching is not pleasant to look at. I would still suggest that people try this for themselves first...as it may be something one person prefers to another.

ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme; AMD Phenom II X6 1090T; 16GB Corsair Dominator; Corsair AX850 PSU; Corsair H100i CPU Cooler; OCZ Vertex 2 Ext. 180GB SSD; MSI GTX 970; 3x ASUS VW266H 25.5; Fanatec Porsche 918 RSR and V2 Base; Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5; HE Sim Pedals Pro; GamePOD GT2 Cockpit

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 22:58 
Editors
Editors

I was about to confirm that my bezel-compensated 6060x1080 works. Glad you sorted it out :wink:
BHawthorne, there is no 6000-px limit, so 5x1P at your native res shouldn't be a problem !

I must say the stretching of the HUD is indeed unbearable and I find myself playing in regular widescreen most of the time, too. If only you could keep the minimap but disable the stretched GPS arrows popping up right in the middle of the view...

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2011, 00:02 

I must say the stretching of the HUD is indeed unbearable and I find myself playing in regular widescreen most of the time, too. If only you could keep the minimap but disable the stretched GPS arrows popping up right in the middle of the view...

Isn't there an option to turn the GPS arrows off?
I'm not sure. I've installed and setup so many racing games in the past two weeks I can't even remember what button does what on my wheel let alone what the game settings are. You were probably thorough in looking...but it may be worth checking the settings again.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 17:06 
Editors
Editors

Nope, all you can do is turn the GPS off altogether: no arrows AND no minimap. Which is ok in cars with an actual GPS in cockpit view... but I always favor the bonnet view.

Then there are the humongous distorted map icons... :cry:

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 13:02 

Mind if I drag the topic more towards general TDU 2 vs large resolutions performance? So far everything I've read implies that this game doesn't scale with multiple GPUs and so far my attempts have all ended with using single GPU setup running smoothest. Now my FPS seems to bottle neck around 30FPS regardless of the graphic settings and once I ratchet up the AA it just nose dives in denser city environments. Now I've already read its a pretty CPU intensive game and people with quadcores tend to way out perform dualcores almost regardless of GPUs. Does this seem to ring true? I'm about to replace my aging wolfdale with one of those disgustingly awesome 2600Ks and just looking to confirm if my predicted gains in FPS will ring true or not.

I'd also read that at least with SLI people have used single GPU but with the 8Q forced AA setting in a profile to handle the AA but it just hasn't worked out for me yet.

ED: To follow up, the game only uses about two cores of the CPU so the move to a quad did not help performance at all. The 8QxAA mode did help FPS and let me try to use at least two of my cards since this game has no SLI support at all (and the devs has said they don't plan on it either :(), now beyond that the game plays like crap FPS wise compared to other similar titles using the highest settings when you use huge resolutions, at least with a GTX280 in single GPU with a 2nd doing the 8QAA but even without AA enabled at all it still hovers around 30-40fps at 3840x1024 resolution.

I'm disappointed at this point, the devs gave an informal update claiming that they can't figure out how people get low FPS and aren't going to try addressing it...this is even worse then TDU1's reception. Lame.