Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jun 2024, 01:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 11:04 
I Donated
I Donated

Well, it seems every single post of mine is that of bad news. Steam 1.2 came out, and once again broke flawless.

I'm seriously disabling auto update now, lol.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 13:26 

Do you know where resolution settings are stored? I don't see them in any of the bin/config files.

Look at "Viewport" in "MyDocuments/Witcher2/config/User.ini" .

Still no success in getting SoftTH to work.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 15:46 

Thanks for the tip helifax.
I tried it out with no joy.
Unless I start Flawless before the Witcher 2. with everything ticked, the game stutters uncontrollably.
In fact, sometimes it stutters even that way.

Is there an easier way to just remove the vertical black bars in the cutscenes?
:(

Thanks,
Dan

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 18:37 

Oh... I've just noticed that I can't change the resolution!

The resolution settings seem to stick when I change them, and changes to all the other graphics options work, but the game seems to be stuck at maximum resolution.

Very, very strange...

Any ideas on how I might fix this?

Dan

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 18:45 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh... I've just noticed that I can't change the resolution!

The resolution settings seem to stick when I change them, and changes to all the other graphics options work, but the game seems to be stuck at maximum resolution.

Very, very strange...

Any ideas on how I might fix this?

Dan

On my Surround Setup the game takes the resolution from Windows... To change the resolution in game use the "Options" from the Launcher.

As for the flawless. I launch the tool before....but have the "enable" checkbox disabled. I enable it only after the game. If I don't this I get the stutters you mention. Maybe this helps:D

Hope it helps..

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 21:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, even when I select 1920x1080, the game will still launch in 5760x1080 if i have surround enabled.

If I change my desktop resolution to 1920x1080, the game still launches in 5760x1080. I have to go into the NVCP and actually disable surround spanning entirely to even get The Witcher2 to launch on only one screen.

I like playing this one on a single panel, cause even with 3 GTX480's, I find the FPS suffers too much in surround with the Ultra settings.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2011, 17:36 

I had my Witcher 2 Steam game set to "do not update" - for some reason steam reset this setting on me, and started downloading the 1.2 update.

When I noticed, I tried shutting down the update process, and re-setting the game again
to "do not update" - but now steam won't let me play unless i finish the update... sigh.

so the short of it is that now I can no longer play in 6048x1200. :-(

HaYDeN... will you please update your tool again?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2011, 17:39 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, even if you set steam to "do not update automatically" it will still try to get the update when you play the game. You have to start steam in offline mode to get around that.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2011, 19:08 

I've tried everything since the update. My game just doesn't want to work with this, admin, every different setting, start before and after the games launch, previously thought it may just have been with the 1.1 patch when i last played still like this for me.

On my 16:10 screen i still get the black bars, unless i change to my Eyefinity resolution which works but my actual game view doesn't expand horizontally. My Steam overlay reacts to my Eyefinityu resolution, so no problems there.

The fixer seems to be working in the status message info, but to no avail. I can't be the only one right?

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011, 12:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Assuming people still care - updating for steam v1.2 now.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 53  Next