Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 01:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: BF 3 Launch issues
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011, 01:22 

Hi Everybody,

I first wanted to say that trolling these forums is what got me to purchase a 3 moniotr set up.

I got 3 monitors about 2 months ago and have been playing World of Tanks since Bf 3 came out.

I started playing BF 3 last week. although i was not getting the performance i wanted i was happy with the gameplay I had while waiting for the game to be optimized

I was running the ATI 11.7 drivers until the full realease of the 11.10 drivers on the 31st of october.

Not sure what has happened after I installed those drivers but now whenever I launch the game I get both the outside monitors to shut down saying they have no signal.

I have spent the better part of the last two days seaching this fourm and others trying to find a fix for this issue. I didn't want to waste time posting or asking for help if I could find a fix somewhere if I just spent some time searching forums on it. Although i did find some fixes i am completely perplexed by this for the simple fact she was working before, if nothing really has changed what could it be?

I am completely confused with regards to configring the Windows desktop and how it should relate to eyefinity CCC

Any help wpuld be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011, 02:57 

Nothing was making sense so I did a fresh insatll of Bf3 and wouldn't you know it works.

Just thought I should pass that along

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011, 11:39 

Welcome to WSGF and welcome to the triple-wide bandwagon!

AMD/ATi recently changed how games set up single-monitor screens in their drivers. When you fire up a game using a single monitor resolution, the two side monitors will go into power-save mode and turn off. I ain't too sure if you checked around much and even though everything is working fine now, always make sure that you set your gaming resolution correctly so that you're using Eyefinity resolution. Some games may not set up correctly while others will. For any games you try out, always try to check the gaming resolution in the game's option section and change it if necessary.

Have fun gaming in triple-wide~

Post subject: Thanks for the info
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011, 16:32 

Thanks for the info Sixshot.

The next sissue i am having trouble with is the darn in game video setting. Seems to have a tendancy to lock up when adjustments are made. I have read a few topics with regards to that issue and seems that is was quite frequent in the beta as well. The idea or workaround was to make adjustments while in game with you avatar hiding in some corner somewhere. From my experience so far seems that you can active a BF3 lockup in ethier the main screen adjustments or making adjustments during gameplay. I also need to adress the friend or foe issue but more concerned with getting the game running stable first then get busy on that workaround.

Nevertheless, I can get around 40-50 fps using afterburner at high settings with aa turned off and motion blur turned off. Wondering if a 6990 is in my future. I have not overclocked the 5970, never overclocked before i am uneasy about it until i learn more on exactly how far I can push the device.

Thanks for the welcome, I love playing on widescreen, alot of fun and a very interesting hobby for sure.