Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 05:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2013, 13:12 

Hi,

This weekend on impulse I thought I'd see what my 3 x LG E2351's would look like in portrait. Unfortunately the stand supplied is Landscape only and the monitor itself tries its best to not like Portrait by having an inconvenient bulge at bottom of the case at the back so its uneven.

I spent a few days finagling and came up with the solution in the photo:

Left and right monitors I'm using two guitar stands.

The middle monitor was a problem as the guitar stand wouldn't fit in the space due to the legs.

In the end I used an old BT Home Hub box, cut a groove in it to slot the monitor into then taped two old plastic square toothbrush holders so the legs of the guitar stands would fit under the BT box while still supporting it. I used an old weight from a barbell in the BT box to give more stability to the setup. The left hand guitar stand was a different height to the other one so I used 3 old VHS cassettes under the legs to even up the height. I then slotted the middle monitor in and gently rested it on the left and right bezels of the other two monitors. The LG monitor is extremely light. Finally I have the G16 keyboard which is pretty solid giving some more support to stop the middle contraption from sliding forward.

It works pretty well - I'll likely get a stand soon but I was challenged and wanted to see if I could finagle a solution in the interim :)

You cant stop a gamer!

Attachments:
IMG_20130721_131121.jpg
IMG_20130721_131121.jpg [ 100.27 KiB | Viewed 2372 times ]