Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 09:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013, 12:28 

Hi.

I'm a long time TH2Go user. It's been so long I've forgotten how long it's been, something like 7 years. When they first came out anyway. I have loved each and every moment of that thing, and my god - it's had some use! It's been a real trooper but sadly, only a couple days ago, it died. I miss it badly already.

Needless to say, there's no going back to single screen. So I'm gonna upgrade my GPU (current GTX 560 Ti 2GB) to a 760 GTX 4GB. I've seen one for just over £200 so it's a cheap way to go from my TH2Go with pretty decent performance. Good bang for buck I reckon.

The thing is that I'm as happy as a pig in poo with my current 3x19" 5:4 monitors. It gives me 3840x1024 and I'm more than happy with that. So I wanna re-use them. This is also a wife-friendly option...

I see the GTX 760 has 1xDual-link DVI-I, 1 x Dual-link DVI-D, 1 x HDMI and 1 x Displayport outputs.

My current monitors - >http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/benq-fp93gx-silver/4507-3174_7-31626201.html
(BenQ FP93G X) have DVI-D plugs, but I don't know if they're dual-link or not. The DVI-D cables supplied have a group of about 6 pins missing in the centre of the 24 pin group - forming two groups of 9 pins. I assume these are single-link DVI-D cables.

This leads me to conclude the monitors are not dual-link?

In short, what cables or adaptors will I need to run these monitors on the GTX760? I should also add that I have a 4th VGA touch-screen monitor I use in my race sim cockpit, and I want ro retain this too. The 760 can run four monitors, or so I read.

Any help much appreciated.

Dave.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013, 16:16 
Editors
Editors

Yes Nvidia Supports 3+1 Setups.

As for Dual Link or Single Link, thats irrelevant (here.) because single Link can handle 1280*1024 without any problems. even 1920x1080 works on Single Link 60hz.

So you would need an HDMI-> DVI adapter and a Displayport -> VGA adapter.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2013, 20:57 

Thanks Haldi.

Parts ordered. Should be here tomorrow.