Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 06:35 
I Donated
I Donated

So it turns out that no matter which resolution the demo is set at, the FPS will always be locked at 25 fps in-game as long as your running it in Surround. Even windowed at 1600x1200 will still yield 25 fps on low. :cry: I don't know why this is an issue, but it I feel like the solution is something seemingly simple like a setting in the cfg file or something like that.

Does anyone have any possible fixes?

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 08:38 
Administrators
Administrators

I've not had this issue, the game is heavily demanding but I had 0 issues with frame rate beyond overtaxing my GPU/CPU with recording and I didn't do anything special. My guess is blame 3rd party interference, or update your drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_uVcYMngcg

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 10:37 
I Donated
I Donated

Skid wrote:
I've not had this issue, the game is heavily demanding but I had 0 issues with frame rate beyond overtaxing my GPU/CPU with recording and I didn't do anything special. My guess is blame 3rd party interference, or update your drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=H_uVcYMngcg

Drivers are already on the latest, and definitely no interference with any software since I closed everything in the background. What's strange is that I can get good framerate when I turn off surround, at 1080p. Not so much when it is, even at 1600x1200, just capped at 26-25 fps. No other game gives me this issue...maybe it's the steam demo?

Update: No same issue. Ill post some screens of the issue,

nVidia Surround on, windowed at 1600x1200, 25fps

nVidia Surround off, same windowed resolution, 60fps capped:

This is my current surround configuration:

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 16:28 
I Donated
I Donated

So now setting my desktop resolution to 1920x1200 (with nvidia surround still enabled) while playing it windowed at 1600x1200 will still only yield the same fps issues. Just because I have surround on, man bugs the hell out of me lol.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2018, 11:43 
Editors
Editors

Intriguing ! Downloading now so I can test this in Win7 with outdated Nv driver and 120Hz monitors (DP connections). Care to detail your own config ?

Edit: Looks like it's more than just a Surround issue... The game's performance tanks on an extended desktop as well.

Surround off, desktop 3440x1440, game res 340x1440: 64.9 fps
img

Surround on, desktop 3440x1440, game res 340x1440: 22.8 fps
img

Surround off, desktop 10320x1440, game res 3440x1440: 18.5 fps
img

Skid, are you a wizard ? What are your PC specs ? Would be great to add them to your videos' descriptions.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 11:58 
Administrators
Administrators

It's on my channel about page, not doing anything special, just updated my drivers, kicked NVIDIA for not updating properly because I hadn't disabled surround to start with, then updated again.

I should note, when windows 10 tied to install the creative update back end of last year it fucked up a whole bunch of games running in fullscreen mode for me (don't know if that was surround related or not), so I told windows not to install that update, if you have the creative update installed that might be your problem or something adjacent to it.

Other things to note, I disabled all XBox gamebar stuff, and all Windows captures software from the update before that ages ago, and I also have the NVIDIA Shadowplay and ingame overlay disabled as well.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2018, 00:41 
I Donated
I Donated

Well, so far I'm doing good with nvidia VXAO turned off. The in game FPS counter is terrible, lol.

Now, I believe the HUD on the full version is still not centered, not everything. Gentlemen?

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2018, 15:31 
Editors
Editors

Haha yeah, looks like all I did was benchmarking the fps counter's polling issues :P The HUD is indeed not centered - but you can turn it off and play like only the Finalest of Fantasists do !

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2018, 14:47 
I Donated
I Donated

Any enterprising individual by chance wouldn't mind looking at the game for a fix?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2018, 17:25 

None of you are having that obscene lod issue with the grass in Surround? If I stand in one place and move the mouse left and right; so many static meshes are popping in and out of existence the world changes topography like a DMT trip.