Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2018, 23:47 

I'm loaded up and ready for the B.E.T.A.! I'm guessing that multi-monitor is going to be a broken mess just like it was with Fallout 4, but I'm holding out a little hope that just maybe someone over there payed attention to our pleas for proper ultrawide/multi-monitor support from past games.

Who else is hoping to play in surround/eyefinity?

MOD EDIT by Haldi
All my Fixes can be Found here: (link removed)

Edit2: 5760x1080 for 1.2.1.26 upwards.

HappySundays wrote:
If anyone would like to try this file, please do. It's ONLY for 48:9 and 5760 by 1080.

File available from the PC Gaming Wiki Community Files (search there)

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 00:15 

As suspected.... it's broken.. sigh... Can't even finish character creation because of it.

Attachments:
Fallout76_2018_10_30_19_10_59_889.jpg
Fallout76_2018_10_30_19_10_59_889.jpg [ 984.08 KiB | Viewed 20855 times ]

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 01:08 

On the official forums people are asking about 21:9 and multi-monitor support which they are looking to support "post launch" according to one of the community managers. Looks like I'm canceling my pre-order on Amazon until I see how this plays out.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/24 ... ultrawide/

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 15:15 

ekrboi wrote:
On the official forums people are asking about 21:9 and multi-monitor support which they are looking to support "post launch" according to one of the community managers. Looks like I'm canceling my pre-order on Amazon until I see how this plays out.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/24 ... ultrawide/

I have 3 27" monitors (7680x1440). I've been running this setup for over 3 years in surround. Most games (even Indie ones) support this res out of the box. Bethesda has been ignoring the Ultrawide Community for far too long. I just cancelled my Amazon pre-order. If this "promised" inclusion of support becomes reality I'll consider a re-purchase.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 18:13 
Editors
Editors

What did you expect from a game which has the complete physics based on FPS and threfore locked on 60hz. No 144hz support.

i really really REALLY hope that the next Elder Scrolls (which they teasered, should be around 2020 or 22?) comes on a NEW engine.

Guess it's time to reread the Fallout 4 threads... i've completly forgotten what i've done back then to get it running ^^ maybe somehow we can fiddle around with F76

P.S Can you try this tomorrow?
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/24 ... ini-tweaks

mainly the FoV part...
And mybe you need to activate write protection on the ini.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2018, 00:35 

Hey Haldi! I remember spending hours(days?) editing the interface.ba2 from fallout 4 to get it all working.. even manually fixing things with a hex editor when I couldn't do it with JPEXS. Figuring out ini edits to fix inventory icon size problems.. BLEH!!!!

I knew that would most likely be an option this time around but I had ZERO desire to do it with a beta... Not to mention I wonder what the implications are with using modified files with an online game. Now knowing I can't change the FOV even with an ini edit.. yuck. Thanks for the work you did. I'll give it a try, but even with a "fixed" UI the FOV is the BIGGEST issue. I'm so used to the triple monitors and very wide FOV that it's just completely jarring and immersion breaking at 1920x1080 or 5760x1080. Luckily I don't get motion sickness.. but it's still FUCKED(no better way to put it).

I hope what the community manager said about "planning to support it post launch" is true.. but honestly I'm not holding my breath. The Gambryo engine they use is just so completely broken(fucked?) for modern PC graphics/systems that I just don't think it's something they are going to be able to fix. I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat the proverbial crow to be proven wrong. If it was easy to fix they would have done it already. It's PAST time for a complete redesign of the engine from the ground up IMO. They just can't continue on using the engine in its current state on PC.

:triplewide:

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2018, 01:11 

I just tried your modded interface.ba2. I can load the game.. the main menu is still not right(don't know if you edited that or not) and then as soon as I press "play" i'm met with a black screen and the game crashes.

I just now canceled my preorder for a hard copy of the tricentennial edition from Amazon.. Screw this. I was only mildly excited about this MMO fallout anyways. I'm not much of an online only player... I was just hoping it would scratch the fallout itch. I MIGHT reconsider once there are reports of them finally fixing this broken game engine.

EDIT* My post to Bethesda about this crap - https://bethesda.net/community/topic/250154/i-canceled-my-tricentennial-edition-pre-order?language%5B%5D=en

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2018, 09:09 

Great Help!

Thank you! :cheers:

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2018, 12:51 
Editors
Editors

ekrboi wrote:
I just tried your modded interface.ba2. I can load the game.. the main menu is still not right(don't know if you edited that or not) and then as soon as I press "play" i'm met with a black screen and the game crashes.

Uhgs... I've had one crash in-game after walking for about 5 meter but none other than that and I've tried about 4-6 different interfaces.ba2
Seems like the Odd/Even bug when force reimporting is still around -.- haven't started the game with the 48:9 interface yet. Just assume that if my 32:9 and my friends 21:9 work without issues it should just work.

Fixing this time around was way easier. Jpex and editing header + Moving the Interface to center. Only took about 45mins to edit the whole folder for 48:9.
But that was the last one I've done ^^ been at it for 5h straight so I knew what to edit and what not^^

But yeah... Without useful FoV a fixed interface is just a joke. I'm not entirely sure if the FoV is hardcoded or limited at 115. Maybe its Y FoV and not for the X Axis ... But on 32:9 it's barely playeable. gotta try some restarts and different settings next time.

I'm not really worried about the modified files.... As they are only for the interface it shouldn't really matter. But because the file size is still exactly the same so only a hash check could find a difference. And I doubt they so that to the whole 40gb of Data just to find some local tampering.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2018, 23:14 
Editors
Editors

So what Exactly is the issue with the Main Menu? I think it works pretty well even on Stock.

Here some more Pictures of Unmoded Fallout 76 in Eyefinity: https://imgur.com/a/aGQJfrG

But yeah, found out why the Eyfinity fix broke.... i've edited too much in the main HUD. Now i've done a quick n Dirty edit all the most important settings, so the main HUD is centered. Stuff like Level up and others might still show up on the Left side tough... well shit happens....
Except from that i fixed mostly everything.
made a short Youtube video about the Interface:

Oh... and i did forget about the Selfie mode in the video :P fixed now.

So yeah, replaced the Link in the Previous Post. just give it a Try.