Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 05:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 23:36 

So, has there been any other reviews with benchmarks? I would like to see enough consistent data before spending my money.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 02:35 
Founder
Founder

My god there is no other forum, that I see so many complaints. You can go ahead and ban me if you want, I can easily set a new IP and create a new account. If you want to really ban me, then I will just create my own WSGF, I have my BS in CS majored in Web Dev.

You see more Moderation here, so that the forums don't degrade into the quagmires you find other places. Feel free to have a go at creating the next WSGF. You won't be the first. To my knowledge, you'd be the third. They never lasted long.

Designing and loading a site isn't the hard part. Spending the time to build the content and community is what kept the other sites from going anywhere. I like our community. We have very few issues.. Our sponsors and partners have commented on the nice, friendly and helpful nature of our community.

So, has there been any other reviews with benchmarks? I would like to see enough consistent data before spending my money.

I have been in contact with NVIDIA about evaluation hardware. Hope to have it soon.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 09:25 
Administrators
Administrators

I like our community.
+1
I have been in contact with NVIDIA about evaluation hardware. Hope to have it soon.
Ohhh exciting, I like this x]

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 06:48 

++

Compared to certain other forums, it seems like the 12-year-old mentality is mostly suppressed here.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 13:05 
Editors
Editors

Hardocp review Nvidia Surround x Eyefinity :

It is disturbingly obvious in our testing that GeForce GTX 480 SLI is superior to Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity6 2GB and Radeon HD 5870 1GB CrossFireX configurations in 3x1 multi-display gaming. GeForce GTX 480 SLI is a powerhouse of performance at high resolution multi-display gaming. In every game we played it didn’t just come out on top a little, it completely owned the two HD 5870 CrossFireX setups.

If you just want the best performing multi-display gaming experience you can buy with the highest level of image quality, nothing surpasses GeForce GTX 480 SLI with NV Surround. (Except quite possibly 3-Way SLI!) GTX 480 SLI is going to give you the highest framerates and allow you to enable more in-game graphical features and antialiasing levels.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/07/20/nvidia_surround_technology_performance_review/1

:rockout

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2010, 14:55 

That HardOCP article is awesome news. I game at 1680x1050x3, so technically I should get much better performance, even if I did use 'just' 2 cards. 30-40fps to me is fine if it keeps it up consistently, so really the quality settings allowed should be amazing.

The Corsair AX1200 PSU can't come out in Aus fast enough :- I have their HX1000 PSU currently but i'd prefer not to risk it with 2 480s and I want 3 eventually anyways.

I wonder how well 4-way would work in surround, or if it's even supported in surround o.O I've considered 4-way for geek factor reasons, but if it doesn't help with surround then it's pretty pointless. Considering you'd think surround would be an awesome use of all the gpu power.

I feel glad I didn't buy the 5870s i was thinking of buying at some point, even if I have had to wait a while x.x

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2010, 15:01 
Editors
Editors

I wonder how well 4-way would work in surround, or if it's even supported in surround o.O I've considered 4-way for geek factor reasons, but if it doesn't help with surround then it's pretty pointless. Considering you'd think surround would be an awesome use of all the gpu power.

4 way isnt supported in games, only to run benchmarks like Vantage. Tri-SLI is the way to go imo, one monitor per GPU. :rockout Yes, youre right about the PSUs, its much better to buy a tri-SLI capable PSU.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2010, 01:31 

I dunno about not supported, there has been some benchmarks done and it does *something* the difference just isn't as pronounced as with 2 way or 3 way sli.

This is why I'm curious as to if it'll make an even bigger difference in surround - after all you're pushing WAY more pixels than even a 3d vision setup.

I know there's been some game benchmarks done of 4 way but they've all been a bit suspect. In one the cards barely had any cooling :- Or in other benchmarks all the do is run vantage...

With the way sli and sli profiles work I think 4 way would work in games, it's just nvidia don't want people bitching about it not working as well so they say just use it for benchmarking :P

As much as I'd like a 4 way setup I doubt it'll get one, at least not until I've tried with 2 and 3 480s.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2010, 02:05 
Editors
Editors

I dunno about not supported, there has been some benchmarks done and it does *something* the difference just isn't as pronounced as with 2 way or 3 way sli.

Do you have a link for these benchies ? Im also interested. :wink:

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2010, 02:33 

I thought there were more, but this is the main one that springs to mind.

http://www.hardware.info/nl-NL/articles/amdnampoZGSa/4way_SLI_GeForce_GTX_480_test/1

There are some cool videos on youtube however...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc0oMzYmJlc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgsVg_KLTy8

So 4 way gaming is definitely possible, it's just not officially supported.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next