Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 14:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 07:35 
Insiders
Insiders

Hell yeah, colour me excited
the good news for everyone is that 3D Vision Surround will also be supported on our GT200 family too! More details about 3D Vision Surround will be announced over the next few weeks

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 10:41 
Editors
Editors

I Fermi can do multi-mon then this is great news, real competition in the MM market place, win for us users!

:WWTH2Go

Its an ALL (WSGF) USERS WIN! Nvidia getting on board on the multimonitor train, means that developers would have even greater incentive to support this ingame. :cheers

In addition, if developers would opt for more multimonitor support, they will also put more effort into FOV, which could give us better FOV support in single widescreen.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 14:39 
Insiders
Insiders

Re-read this blog for content:

http://blogs.nvidia.com/ntersect/2010/01/surround-yourself-with-nvidia-3d-vision-technology.html

Specifically:
Of course, astute gamers may have noticed something called 3D Vision Surround mentioned in today’s release. Yep, that’s right... with 3D Vision Surround, now you can play on three 3D displays simultaneously, and span your entire game across all three panels for a totally immersive, rocking 3D environment. Of course, you can also use our Surround technology in 2D mode too, but why would you want to game in a flat environment?

And while 3D Vision Surround will be officially launched with our GF100 GPUs later in Q1, the good news for everyone is that 3D Vision Surround will also be supported on our GT200 family too! More details about 3D Vision Surround will be announced over the next few weeks, but we’re sure you’re as excited as we are to try it out.

Looks like nVidia didn't want to merely feature chase ATI on this one and added it in fully integrated into the 3D Vision setup. For all the things we've talked about it finally took ATI implementing it before nVidia would. IMHO, Matrox will be searching for a new target audience soon.

Looks like 2010 is the year Surround Gaming finally achieves critical mass. Expect it to be a bit more crowded around here in 6 months.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 14:43 

3D requires a 3D monitor right? Or in this case 3 of them.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 14:45 
Insiders
Insiders

3D requires a 3D monitor right? Or in this case 3 of them.

No...

From the blog entry:
Of course, you can also use our Surround technology in 2D mode too, but why would you want to game in a flat environment?

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 14:50 

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=656

Because NVIDIA is aiming for quality much higher than that of other stereo 3D solutions display options are going to be somewhat limited out of the gate. As of today, NVIDIA’s 3D technology will work with only two types of displays: true 120 Hz LCD monitors and 3D-Ready DLP projection televisions.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 15:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Basically it's just market spin to make it seem like nVidia isn't playing catchup with EyeFinity. Basically they're saying they do triple-head AND 3D stereo. But they're 2 independent capabilities. I wonder if it'll be enabled via the SLI profiles, 3D Vision profiles menu or have it's own menu. Makes me wonder if they won't do a jump to 200 numbering on drivers or will this just show up in the 196 drivers. Keep an eye out on beta drivers. I think we'd all like to know the first beta drivers this is in since it's supposed to work with our 200-series cards too, not just Fermi.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 16:06 

Oh, I know that. But surround 3D seems even more hard to attain than eyefinity because of monitor requirements and the fancy glasses.

But if their normal MM is good, then theres even more pressure on devs to support the resolution. So woohoo.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 16:11 

Of course I get my 5970 2 weeks ago and they announce this. Been playing 3x1680x1050 and love it but this is my first ati card since my 9800pro. Have had 6 nvidia cars since then. Will see how this works but might have to go back to nvidia. Darn it I just could not hold off on the order button of the 5970. Question is do I sell the 5970 now and go back to my 280gtx for a couple months. I for sure would lose my butt on the 5970 if I wait for fermi and it is everything they say it is. Just watch: nvidia will figure out a way to do the triple screen without needing dp. I just bought a new dell dp monitor last week when I already had 3 1680x1050 monitors but did not like the adapter situation. On the good side I do have a mitsubishi 73 inch diamond tv that is 3d ready!

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 16:27 
Founder
Founder

I can confirm that this is indeed the case, and that what you are reading is indeed correct. Please don't ask me any other questions beyond what has been made public by NVIDIA. I'm under NDA, and have been for about a month now. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next