Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 06:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010, 20:11 

they should bring back nview!

GTX 680 4GB in SLI
Intel 980 x @ 4Ghz

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2010, 04:22 

Crysis Warhead (30% complte, my score 88/100)
==============
+ DX10 Enthusiast Mode
+ 4320x900
- unplayable 5040x1050, probably needs some tweaks

try dx9 mode at 5040x1050! works wekk for me. i just dont like how the left and right screens sort of zoom in/stretch

GTX 680 4GB in SLI
Intel 980 x @ 4Ghz

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2010, 18:41 

Crysis Warhead (30% complte, my score 88/100)
==============
+ DX10 Enthusiast Mode
+ 4320x900
- unplayable 5040x1050, probably needs some tweaks

try dx9 mode at 5040x1050! works wekk for me. i just dont like how the left and right screens sort of zoom in/stretch

Crysis Warhead is one of a few games that simply must be seen/played in dx10 (Enthusiast) mode, night and day difference in graphics...

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2010, 06:30 

im working on using a system.cfg file to get at least 45 fps with higher quality. taking some guess and check haha.

also, 3d surround is hard to use with my quad sli. drops fps too low in most games. maybe ill need to upgrade to 2x 480's or figure out how to lower picture quality

GTX 680 4GB in SLI
Intel 980 x @ 4Ghz

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2010, 06:52 

No, no scripts or anything. Right click, nVidia Control panel, click activate all disaplays, they flicker for about 10 seconds. Close NCP. Right click, screen resolution, reorder the monitors click apply, again takes 10 seconds! Plus i leave ultramon running all the time. Simples!

For going to surround, open NCP, surround, configure, apply, then just apply the BC amount quickly as its saved the numbers, then change the res to what i want. OK, this maybe takes 30 seconds, but still a pretty short amount of time :D

Works for me anyway :)

when u go back to use all monitor mode, what do u do about the display settings. mine shows display 1 and 2 are mirrored and 3 is just out there. and when i it apply sometimes the monitors dont detect input an di have to remove the drivers and reinstall.

i will try activate all displays 1st next time.

GTX 680 4GB in SLI
Intel 980 x @ 4Ghz

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010, 05:08 

Hey guys i just installed the new invidia update tonight and was playing with this new surround feature. My games are working great and whatnot but im having two problems. Is there anyway i can make the games see the borders of my screens so that the gameplay goes behind them? Next problem is that im using 3 22in monitor so my resolution should be 5040x1050, but for some reason it seems to be giving me TV resolutions as my highest res is 4800x1200. Id like to correct this as it makes everything look eh not as sharp... Thanks guys

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 07:37 

Yes, that is the whole point of bezel correction. You choose that option under "Configure" in "Surround" from the Control Panel.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 12:38 

Hey guys i just installed the new invidia update tonight and was playing with this new surround feature. My games are working great and whatnot but im having two problems. Is there anyway i can make the games see the borders of my screens so that the gameplay goes behind them? Next problem is that im using 3 22in monitor so my resolution should be 5040x1050, but for some reason it seems to be giving me TV resolutions as my highest res is 4800x1200. Id like to correct this as it makes everything look eh not as sharp... Thanks guys

chose a bezel corrected rez in the game.

GTX 680 4GB in SLI
Intel 980 x @ 4Ghz

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2011, 04:42 

Hi all, it seems to bee a little outdated post, but...

I'm new to triple monitor (and to forums too :D ) and found this post very useful for the first steps of making a working enviroment when you are not playing and still want to use the surround resolution.

Matrox Power Desk is the best part of the solution, it's perfect now to maximize the aplications individually on each screen.

I've installed Classic Shell too, very very useful. I already knew it.

But for the start button, Vista Start Menu didn't convince me. Instead of it I prefer OpenStartMenu (from chrisnsoft.com). It's an .exe standalone file that simply launch the original Windows start menú, but the exe admit parameters when calling to it and the best one is to set where Start menú appears on screen (X, Y), so it's perfect for this. Problem resolved!

Here is how my desktop looks

I simply inserted a new toolbar with a folder that contains the link pointing to the .exe with the screen command. I named it 'Inicio' so marking 'show text' and unmarking 'show title' looks like this. I've also changed the icon file for showing Windows aspect.

But, there is a bug in OpenStartMenu. If you open the menú, and want to search something in the search field or if you simply run the execute comand (Win + R), the menú reset itself to original position (far left). I have no solution for solve it.

Another bug is when you open it and want to navigate to 'All programs', the menú reset itself to original position too, but I've managed to solve it by installing Classic Shell program and in the Start Menú settings of Classic Shell there is an option for showing all programs in cascade mode (like Windows XP). You can see it in my desktop screen. That option is in the Windows Start Menú tab, and there is an option called 'Cascading All Programs Menú'. Now you can look around all programs with OpenStartMenu and the menú won't reset itself's position.

But for last, there is another bug (xDDD). When you came from reboot or open Windows for the first time, although you have checked the cascade option, if you want to visualize all programs via openstart menú, the menú will reset the position to original too. All you have to do for solve it is clicking in original start menú (far left) and watch all programs (works good on there). Once you have done it, you can now view it in OpenStartMenu.exe. If you have the left screen off, and you don't wanna open it to do it, you can do it with keyboard veary easyly. Type WIN + UP ARROW + RIGHT ARROW for navigate to 'all programs' manually, and you have solved it too. In my case i've created a simple macro in my keyboard (G510) for doing it quickly, it's not an inconvenient for me.

The overall result looks like quite well for me. It permites to me to use the PC with at least two monitors (Center and Right). But i'm still searching the manner for bringing the tray bar and the clock on to the middle screen, but i have not found anyghing. I've spended a lot of time trying to find something, but no success.

There are some Windows key combinations that makes life more easy. One of them is typing WIN + ARROW LEFT or RIGHT to move a window application or explorer accros the desktop, it's very useful when an aplication shows up on to the left screen and you have that monitor off.

But my favourite is the combination of ALT + SPACE (Open the window menu) and then type 'M', and then you can move it whit the mouse veary easily (or with keyboard too). It doesn't work when an application is maximized to left screen for example (Matrox Power Desk setting) or another screen, but you can restore the maximitzation by typing ALT + SPACE and then typing 'R'. Now, you can type the combination againf for moving it. I have created a macro of Restoration + Moving and applied to a button of my mouse. It's my best friend for now xD, very useful!

I think that with that configuration and options you can work around with 3 screens pretty well. I have found another program called Display Changer (from 12noon.com), is a standalone exe file that permites you you to change the resolution by parsing the parameters of the resolution you want. I have configured it along a VBS file, and shows up an option menú allowing to change 1920x1080 or 5905x1080 (in my case) with simply two clicks. I've tested and it works very well, It's useful for lazy people that don't wanna navigate to screen properties or Nvidia Panel. But I think that with the actual configuration of my desktop I will not need Display Changer anymore. I will stuck with 5905x1080 res.

And that's it. Only left to find the manner to move sys tray and clock, and the enviroment will remains nearly perfect.

See ya ;)

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2011, 18:56 

Wow, just noticed its been exactly once year since I first posted this, and I have not changed much in the last year at all. Still using the 258.69 drivers, because they work, and the three newer drivers I tried all failed to get all 3 monitors working...so if it ain't broke...

I did update the Classic Start Menu to a newer version, they added the Search box which works better than the Windows 7 search in my option.

I stopped using VistaStartMenu as it often is buggy, but its still in the same place on the task bar, I just instead got used to clicking on the Start Menu on the left.

Overall it's still far superior to SoftTH, most games just work, and I rarely get a crash, so overall still pleased with my dual GTX 470s. Will probably consider going to 570s when the prices come down a bit more...

ZoomPlayer is still my preferred Media Player, I like how it blanks the left and right screens, and for anamorphic (super-wide) movies I can zoom in the picture so no black bars on the bottom...

For an inexpensive all-in-one I can recommend the Epson Workforce 520, does network print fax and scan for $99, much better than the HP's I have had in the past, everything just works.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next