Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 03:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2012, 05:04 

First let me say how unbelieveable this forum has been. Thank you all for participating and making my 3 screen setup simple and fast to get into.

The Setup.

3 Brand spanking new ASUS1080p monitors.

2 Brand spanking new MSI cards with Nvidia 560 Ti's in SLI

Absolute newest Nvidia drivers as of this date (1/2/12)

The issue

The left and right monitor hav a totally differnt color saturation than the center monitor. and i have moved cables around. So this is not the cuase. and by that, I mean i have moved positions on the back of the cards. So something about my set up creates this "Center monitor does color better" thing.

For example:

in ARMA2, the Sky and Clouds are rich Blue and white..... in the center monitor.

On the side 2 monitors, theya re subdued Sky is grey bue (barely blue) and the clouds are not white. they are also subdued.

Same is true in operation flashpoint. the side monitors make everything kind of brownish. Much more lack luster.

Has anyone seen this before? is this a known thing? is there a fix?

Regards,

Sleepdoc

Post subject: Sounds like they are TN
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2012, 21:14 
Insiders
Insiders

Sounds like they are TN monitors, try turning the side monitors in towards you.

Post subject: Ciold you please explain
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 07:49 

Could you please explain yourself better in hopes that I might be able to use the info?

What is a TN monitor?

And how will the angle of the monitor halp me? i can look at my outside 2 monitor from any angle and the color saturation is very brown compared to the center one.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 08:04 
Editors
Editors

Did you switch the monitors to see if its the signal from the pc or the monitor itself? Thats the first thing we need to know.

I find in my system that eyefinity turns my center monitor to a slightly warmer color temperature for some reason, its not present in landscape or single monitor mode so I know its the signal.

But I had to send back 2x Dell U2410 because they had color tint on them, goes to show not all monitors are equal even if they are the same brand/model so if you determin its not the signal from the pc causing the color change and its the monitor itself the next step is to try and fix the color difference with the hardware settings for the monitor (change rgb values, contrast, saturation, etc) after you have that as close as possible, do any minor tweaking via your video card control panel.

If its still not even close after that, you need to send the monitors in for replacement for being defective.

The other thing is that you may just have driver issues, if the difference is as bad as you make it sound it could be a driver related problem.