Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 07:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010, 00:34 

Hi to the Community of Widescreengaming,

first of all I have to say that I'm German so please be patient if wrong grammer, vocabulary or explenations are used x) I#ll try my best.

I'm completely new to this topic. Before I bought it I didn't realized that there are so many problems with actual games. Just a short description of my System:

Motherboard: EVGA NVIDIA 790i SLI FTW
Power Supply: Corsair 750Watt
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8600
RAM: 8 Gb Corsair XMS 3 (1333MHz)
GPU: SLI 2x ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 AMP!
Case: Silverstone Raven 2
Monitors: 3x BENQ XL2410T

Now lets describe my problem:

I have played Anno 1404, Trackmania Nations, COD MW2, and now testing more. But the real problems appear ind COD MW2. I have setup in NVIDIA System management a Surround Envirement so that the 3 Monitors are merged to one big Resolution which is 5760x1080. When I now start COD MW2 the real first problem is not the wrong Aspect Ratio, the real Problem ist I cant choose my Resolution. The max one I can choose is 5050x1024. Nowhere 1080 or 5760. Why is this so?

To Modern Warfare 2: I'm using ther AlterIWNet Version. Maybe this is the Big Problem??? To the Version of this game: I can't say exact things cause I played this game only on XBOX 360 allways. I can only see 2 explanations in the bottom right of the menu: alterIWnet:1.3.37a++ and build:11105-2

I Tried Widescreenfixer but cant get it to work maybe cause of i don't know which is the correct version of the mod and game. :(

Of course the next Problem with CODMW2 is the Problem which is mentioned everywhere on the internet: the wrong Aspect Ratio. But first of all I want to choose the wright Resolution then focus on the next Problem but maybe one of u know a solution or something i can try.

As i have mentioned in the beginning of this thread please be patient I#m completly knew to this topic, so sr for double post's or whatever I#m actually don't know for which content i should google or what else.

Thx for all of ur upcomming help,

nice regards Synergi

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010, 16:33 

I have recognized one thing with the problem of Widescreen Fixer. When i tried to disassamble the modern warfare .dll (poorly my assembler knowledge is not the best) is saw some parameters declared with some steam options. Maybe this is the reason why Widescreen Fixer doesn't work with the cracked AlterIWNet Client, because there is no steam.

Maybe Dopefish is so nicely and publishes the SourceCode of his application or the dll's. To make it open source would be a good idea so that more people are in position to try to fix things. But i can understand Dopefish if he doesn't want to.

this is just a side by side comment x)

nice regards Synergi

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2010, 22:34 
Insiders
Insiders

I can't get any COD games to show me all the proper resolutions and let me set them unless I don't use bezel correction.
When I have it turned off and simply use the default surround set-up without bezel correction I can see and set 5760x1080 in the game finally.

I miss BC, but I can live without it.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010, 00:36 

I can't get any COD games to show me all the proper resolutions and let me set them unless I don't use bezel correction.
When I have it turned off and simply use the default surround set-up without bezel correction I can see and set 5760x1080 in the game finally.

I am getting this problem as well.

I cannot see 5760x1080 in the COD Black Ops game video settings menu. I havent tried to turn off BC in the Nvidia settings yet.

Just out of interest, what was the maximum res you could set COD:BO in the game menu when you HAD BC on?

Thanks

Topboy

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010, 14:33 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I can't get any COD games to show me all the proper resolutions and let me set them unless I don't use bezel correction.

I cannot see 5760x1080 in the COD Black Ops game video settings menu. I havent tried to turn off BC in the Nvidia settings yet.

Just out of interest, what was the maximum res you could set COD:BO in the game menu when you HAD BC on?

Thanks

Topboy

With BC on the menu got weird. I lost 1920x1080 and the max was somewhere near 4320x768 or something odd.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010, 16:26 

[quote][quote]I can't get any COD games to show me all the proper resolutions and let me set them unless I don't use bezel correction.

Thanks

Topboy

With BC on the menu got weird. I lost 1920x1080 and the max was somewhere near 4320x768 or something odd.

I tried your suggestion and turned off the Nvidia Bezel Correction and Black Ops now shows the 5760x1080 resolution in the game. With Nvidia Bezel Correction on Black Ops shows a max res of 4320x768 SO there is any issue with Black Ops and Nvidia Bezel Correction resolutions.

Many thank for this as i was starting to think i had done something wrong and was going to re-install. But this saved me.

Cheers

Topboy