Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 22:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 01:30 

So ya, I have 3 monitors running at 1920x1080. (Not all the same models, but all very similar) All have refresh rate of 60Hz. And all of them are using VGA connections. I have them all running and such and such. So, I think the problem might be that my two graphics cards are not the same kind. If this is the problem is there a way that I can still get my games to work nicely stretched over 3 monitors? If anyone needs extra information I will check this compulsively, though I think most of the needed information is in my profile. EDIT: Just noticed I accidentally put my GPU in there wrong, and obviously that is key, so I am fixing now.

Post subject: Well there's a couple of
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 12:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Well there's a couple of things wrong. First you need 2 identical GTX 200 series or higher cards (GTX 260 or higher).
You need to run them in SLI. Then you may get the monitors working when you span them or you may not, depends on if they have the same sync polarity.
There was someone who got around this though.

Best bet is to check our FAQs where you'll find one for nVidia Surround.

Post subject: I guess I can't get it.
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 21:33 

When looking into SLI, it seems as if I would need both of my graphics cards to be through PCI-X, but my motherboard didn't have enough extra slots for another PCI-X graphics card, so I needed to order the 8400gs one and use normal PCI, Is there any other way that I could do this with like, SoftTH or something? Or is there still a way to potentially get this to work w/ surround? I looked into it, but I don't know anything, and that link was helpful, but I still can't get it working, not even SLI, since I think its part of original driver, and even my geforce 250 one wasn't in requirements.... is there any lower end versions of getting this to work, since obviously I can't just go and buy a whole new system.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 20:05 
Insiders
Insiders

You can use SoftTH to get things working. I suggest trying out softTH 2.x. It's much more simpler for beginners and possibly has better support.