Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 22:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 04:15 

I have been building a generic simpit for flight simulation (FSX), where I can use a multi-display environment like Surround but where I can also use this as my main workspace for design work and daily activities. Can someone tell me can I easily switch modes (like hopefully a click or two) from Surround to three distinct display views (1+2+3)? Hope I am making sense here. Just I have never used Surround, only two displays on one card that I stretched.

thx,

Clutch

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 06:34 

I have posted an alternative here which involves leaving your system in surround mode and setting up snap to window boundaries and a new windows shell to move taskbar to centre monitor. No more mode switching. Unfortunately Nvidia hasnt enable any hotkey/profile switching like ATI.

See here for more info > http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/nvidia-surround-gaming/18425/found-solution-missing-nview-w7-snap-

Post subject: ThxPhatboy68, After I
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 08:11 

ThxPhatboy68,

After I wrote that I thought maybe I was asking such a silly newbie question. I sort thought you could just go into control panel and turn it on or off? Guess it's more involved. Hopefully Nvidia will make add an easy way in an update. I'll take a look at the software you suggest.

But right now I got to find the tutorial on how to just turn on Surround! I've got all three displays up and running on two 580's (quite overwhelming the first time!), but I see nothing about Surround in the Nvidia control panel. I'll start snooping around here in the forums to see if I can find a tutorial.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 09:02 

There is a desktop utility you could use for that, it's called Matrox Powerdesk.
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/multi_display_software/powerdesk/

I believe this also works for Nvidia and AMD, there are enough topics on this forum to find out.

Moose