Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 May 2024, 08:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2013, 18:29 

Maybe a bit of an odd question, but anyone running 3 touchscreens in Windows 8? I'm just curious. I've seen a few like this monitor here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00966 ... rdfocom-20

Was thinking...hmmm...interesting. But didn't know if anyone had tried it and is there actually a point to it.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2013, 19:05 

I've not seen any while looking around the forums of a 3x touchscreen system.

I may as well continue to say that i wouldn't go for a system like this either. With $600 per monitor you're probably better off buying slightly better monitors with greater res or better GFX cards to run those nice new monitors on. The touchscreen part is all well and good but not really worth the extra $$

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

i7 3770K (Ivy bridge) | Corsair Dominator 32GB | Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus Intel Z77 | Corsair H100i | 2 x Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 7950 in crossfire | NXZT Phantom case | OCZ 1000W Powersupply | Samsung 840 PRO 256GB | 2x OCZ agility 3 60GB SSDs | 2x 1TB HDDs |

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013, 21:07 

I agree with you...this wouldn't be for me, but I was sure curious if anyone had tried it. :)

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2013, 10:51 

I have 3 touchscreens (iiyama ProLite T2250MTS) and the touchscreen calibration goes to s%^t in surround vision making it useless (for me as I mostly play World of Tanks)

I've JUST joined the forum but from your post, it seems my problem (and yours if you buy) is rare in that not many people do it.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2013, 14:22 
Editors
Editors

think i've heard that somewhere before, that Touchscreen calibration goes haywire in Surround / Eyefinity.

I think another cool feature would be an additional 4th Monitor with touch screen.
But as you still lose Focus on Fullscreen DX11 applications when you use the touchscreen.... it's useless -.-