Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 May 2024, 01:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2014, 04:57 

I moved from landscape 1600p (7680x1600) to Portrait mode 2560p, I am having issues since I want to span VLC onto all 4 of my monitors. I cannot get it in full screen mode since when I do I get this:
ImageImage

When I go Full screen mode I am stuck with this:

As you can see it cuts off some of the right and left but is flush with the top. Still looks great... but I want that 4th monitor :-)

This means my resolution is 6400 x 2560 when all 4 are on but due to surround only working with 3 I am at 4800x2560 with the other monitor set to accessory(I can drag things to all 4).

My question is that when I run full screen mode the movie is spanned on 3 monitors since my 4th is seen as an accessory. If I drag VLC across all 4 monitors it seems to work but then I have the bar on the top and start bar on the bottom. Is there a way I can setup a custom resolution at 6400x2560 or 4800x2560 and get VLC to span all my monitors.

I really want to make this work and would REALLY appreciate any of your help!

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2014, 14:35 
Editors
Editors

Nvidia only supports 3 Monitors in a SLS(Single Large Surface) Desktop!
If you want it spanned over 4 Monitors with SLS you need an AMD GPU.

But i tought there were ways to get VLC into a custom position with custom size and no Borders. (On Extended Mode, not Surround.)
No idea how tough. Maybe VLC forums could help.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 08:18 

Haldi wrote:
Nvidia only supports 3 Monitors in a SLS(Single Large Surface) Desktop!
If you want it spanned over 4 Monitors with SLS you need an AMD GPU.

But i tought there were ways to get VLC into a custom position with custom size and no Borders. (On Extended Mode, not Surround.)
No idea how tough. Maybe VLC forums could help.

Went ahead and spent the day researching how to get movies to go on all 4 screens utilizing SVP Manager with MPC-HC and Potplayer no luck. Max I could get was 3 screens in surround. Seems that those players have an issue going over more than one monitor. It only works since in Surround it views 3 monitors as 1.

VLC functions where there is no limit to your monitors. So in VLC you can set a custom aspect/crop ratio in my case 65:25 and then either spread the window over all 4 monitors or you push "W" for wall paper mode and it goes on all 4 screens. One word BREATHTAKING. However, VLC does not upconvert to 60FPS on movies like SVP can do, and VLC does not support SVP/MadVR. If anyone knows of a solution let me know would be nice to do FULL HD @ 60FPS in VLC or span my image on 4 screens in MPC-HC or PotPlayer or any other player. Here are some photos:

Video:
Image[IMG ALT=""]http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1912658/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Problems:
Screenshot before PotPlayer adjusting on 3 screens