Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Oct 2024, 23:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2007, 21:04 

Medival 2 Total War works (native)
Defcon works (native)
Hitman Bloodmoney works (native)
and Flight Simulator X works (runs terribly :P)

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2007, 12:30 

Hi folks,

i also run a Dell 3007WFP since Mar 06. This month i replaced my 7900GTX with a 8800GTX clocked @ 650/1900 Mhz. Finally i can play F.E.A.R. now in native res :D

The Games:

- Comand & Conquer Generals ZH - works great (ini), max Quality, recommend the far distance patch
- GT Legends (native) works great, max quality settings, FOV auto
- GTR2 (native) works great, max quality settings, FOV auto
- Race (native) works great, max quality settings, FOV auto
- Richard Burns Rally works great, max quality settings
- Defcon (native) works great
- Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (native) works great, high quality
- Never Winter Nights 2 (native) works great with HQ
- Homeworld 2 also works great

i only have problems setting doom3 and quake4 to 2560

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2007, 16:45 
Founder
Founder

I've updated these on the MGL. A lot of these could use Detailed Reports...

Post subject: LP3065 smart buy?
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007, 09:33 

i plan to order a 30 inch lcd within a month probably the LP3065 since you cant buy the newer version of dell's yet without buying a whole computer.
if anyone could answer a question for me tho it would help alot.
many sites show 2 separate versions of the LP3065, one is a smart buy version the other is not. i dont see any difference between the two. smart buy version is about 1600 dollars and the non smart buy version is 1800 or so. anyone know what the difference is?

i plan on running world of warcraft on it alot, my current vid card is an ati x1900 xtx i hope it will handle wow at the high resolution, i plan to upgrade the vid card also but not until i see what ati/amd's new card is like which is supposedly coming out in march.
thanks for any responces

Post subject: lp3065
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007, 22:48 

i ordered the lp3065 today and hope to have it next week sometime

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007, 21:41 

Got my dell 3007wfp-hc yesterday and must say i love it.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2007, 21:57 

i got the lp3065 and it is incredible. but now i need to upgrade my video card and am waiting for the amd r 600 to release then will decide between r600 or nvidia's current best.
the 2 games ive ran so far worked beautifully, world of warcraft and supreme commander, note ive only tried supreme commander single player so far.

the amount of increased screenspace over a 20" lcd is amazing. i mean i knew it would be big but seeing it is almost beyond words. quality is excellent also no flaws or dead/stuck pixels that i can see.
the only thing i dont like is the inability to display the bios bootup screen info (and you cant enter bios and do anything either as you cant see it) and the rest of the bootup process until windows loads.
are all the 30" lcds like this? any way around it?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2007, 04:47 

Hmm thats strange your obviously using dvi so it should display the initial bios screens and boot screen ok. at least mine does.

And aye the screen size from 20" is crazy i wasnt expecting an extra 10" to be quite so so HUGE :)

everygame ive tried half life 2
unreal 2004
eve
fear
supremecommander
titan quest
and oblivion all run fine at 2560x1600 and look amazing.

Best purchase ive made and glad i got it when i did as they had knocked the price down for 3 weeks when i bought it from £1260 to £950.

not found one dead or stuck pixel and not seen any of the backlight bleed or patchiness some people have mentioned seeing from the old 3007.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2007, 08:27 

you are using an lp3065 lcd and CAN see the bios/bootup info and screens?.
please respond because if you have the same monitor then mine should also display it, also which video card brand do you use, amd/ati or nvidia? mines ati. if anyone out there can see the bios and bootup info and screens on an lp3065 please say so, so i can gather info on what may be causing it, i may try connecting it to the other dvi port and or move my vid card to the other pcie slot, also if people can see that info on nvidia and not ati/amd video cards then that makes my soon to be purchased next video card choice easier.

sorry MaulSidious i just scrolled up and saw you had an 3007 not the same lcd as me. but im still hoping for responces in case mine should be able to display said inbfo also?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2007, 16:48 

Aye yeah its 3007 but as far as i understand it doesnt make sense you cant see the bios screens, all the lcd's i have used have all been able to show the bios/boot info screens, would make setting up a pc you buy from a shop with only a lcd screen a bit difficult if you couldnt. I have a radeon x1900xt master card.

If you leave your monitor on standby and then start your pc when does your monitor wake up? during boot or not till windows loads? if its not waking up till windows loads i would say its your graphics card causing the problem or the dvi cable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next