Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 11:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: LCD Panel Bezel
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 04:00 

Most LCD monitors have a bezel around half an inch. I am looking to see if anyone has any pictures or information about the frame on the LCD Panel itself. I am looking to get some information on the LCD Panels used in current monitors to build myself a seemless surround monitor panel. I will be able to create a frame and stand for the monitor but I need to get the dimensions on the LCD Panels themselves to see how much space I will have to overlap. The idea is that if I can get the overlap to only be around 0.1" in thickness then it will feel almost completely seemless once you get into the game.

Also the idea with this is that if I play a movie on my computer I will be able to go full screen without having to be annoyed by the breaking in the monitor array.

I know NEC was working on a DLP projection monitor and there is also http://www.seemlessdisplay.com but both these alternatives cost over $5000. I can get away with 3 nice Acer 20" Widescreens and a TripleHead2go Digital for around $810 plus shipping.

Post subject: LCD Panel Bezel
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 18:22 
Editors
Editors

Don't we all dream of that...

Check out [url=http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/7209
this thread[/url] (pics are dead unfortunaely), one guy made it but...

Guys,,,,there is no way of getting around the "bezel" even without the bezel there is still 1/4" of dead space at the edge...the bezel is required to keep the acrylic sheets and plastics together and to hold the tube and wire that runs along two sides.

i tried everything i could...i even trashed a brand new 19"lcd in the process

So simply put : removing part of the frame is probably possible (depending on your monitor), however it's not nearly as easy and efficient as it sounds...