Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 19:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 14:57 

NO LAG!

This is very very very exciting for me, and perhaps you to Bongo and Marwan and anyone who spent wod load on thier mouse (and what a fine looking mouse it is if I may say so myself)

So I tested the USB Dongle next to mouse (before I reakised Bongo did it too fundly enough) The testbed was me playing 2 games of intense UT2004, which is 20minutes a pop, plus warm up period...

So, I was right, there is NO LAG with decent cordless mouse such as the MXRevoltuion, it is only ever signal interference! No Laser delay, no signal wake up delay, no laser wakeup delay no nothing. Just pure unadulterated joy. Seriously. Bongo, I am glad you had similar results, but you should really test it in game, as this is where you will notice it the most. As it stands now, based on around an hour of testing, it's just a matter of making the signal uninterupted and BINGO!

In saying that, I did experience significant signal interference when the dongle was behind the PC and then I moved it to the front of the PC which significantly reduced the interference effects, so now I get none...ok I experienced two very small spots of what COULD have been interference, but I am unsure whether they were me lifing the mouse of the mat (you might be able to see that the left side of the mouse matt is slightly raised due to it being rolled up in storage, and this is where the mouse was at both times), or interfence so I still say close to none . I just hope the signal holds up through the desk. If not, then I get the dongle on the USB extension for when I am gaming, and move the thing to the further distance where interference is at ~0.01%

Behind PC 1% interference
In front of PC reducing interference to 0.1%
Next to mouse <0.01%

So, now all I gotta do is put the cord under the desk and WAMMY hopefully no interference for good!

I must say, if this testing goes the way it has been, and I continue to get no signal interference results, then any widescreen gamer would be uterrly mad not to get such a beautiful mouse to compliment thier widesceen Monitor.

"Lag? None here! See here? No lag. Robbo? No lag here!"

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 16:50 
Founder
Founder

Very nice :D

I might consider picking up one of these myself sometime soon. I loved using a wired mouse but if a wireless will provide the same results or better (more buttons :P ) then I am definitely considering it.

I'm sure the interference thing is no big deal once you figure out a nice spot like you did. Speaking of which, is it just regular and ordinary objects that are causing the interference? Or is it also coming from signals and such from other electronic devices?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 22:09 
Insiders
Insiders

Hows the battery life on that thing, panda bear?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 22:11 

i say go with g7, the mx revolution is crap, specially in First person shooters, because the mouse scroll is unusable as clicking button.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 01:13 

Very nice :D

I might consider picking up one of these myself sometime soon. I loved using a wired mouse but if a wireless will provide the same results or better (more buttons :P ) then I am definitely considering it.

I'm sure the interference thing is no big deal once you figure out a nice spot like you did. Speaking of which, is it just regular and ordinary objects that are causing the interference? Or is it also coming from signals and such from other electronic devices?

Not to sure yet. I have asked Logitech again for some pointers on keeping the signal pure, so I hope to see if they have any ideas. Let me do a few more days testing before you go buy one, as I want to make sure there are no other variables that could effect the signal, such as weather, bloodflow, pets, woman, alcohol and the like.

Hows the battery life on that thing, panda bear?

They specs say its 14days, gamers say its 7 days. I have had it for (1 2 3) into my 4th day, and the battery gauge which has 4 lights, it down to 3 lights. The thing turns itself off if you leave it for 10 seconds, but then comes instantly on if you caress it, with no lag whatsoever. Instant signal and cursor movement.

I can't say at this stage, but I am guessing 7 days for me and I will throw it in the ever so sexy cradle. The thing is, when it gets down to half way, when I stop using the PC I will throw it in the cradle anyway. Its not like you can use the whole batter in one day Jose!

i say go with g7, the mx revolution is crap, specially in First person shooters, because the mouse scroll is unusable as clicking button.

I laugh at your fanciful comment. Is your gaming life is limited to the middle scroll wheel of your mouse? Mine is now spread over 11 buttons and counting.

Yeah he is right, don't buy this mouse, it's crap. :roll:

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 01:18 

New button count:

Top:

Left
Right
Search Button
Mouse Wheel
Scroll up
Scroll down
Push left
Push right

Side:

Forward
Back
Window Select
Next window
Previous Window

13 ways I can bind functions to this mouse, and I can customise all 13 for any single progame.

THe forward and back, and "alt-tab" scroll wheen button features are so very very very very handy. HOw could I have lived without them.

I need to review this thing don't I?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 01:25 

Yea review it it would be nice, unfortunatly we can't add it to the mouse thread unless we can get bongo to edit in a summary of your review for us. since doug left and he created that thread

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 01:27 
Founder
Founder

Yes that would be very nice :D

I don't think I've ever wanted to use the mouse wheel as a button anyway, i'd much rather use another button.

Are the batteries on the mouse replaceable? Since it is possible that the battery's maximum life will degrade over time.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 02:22 

Yes that would be very nice :D

I don't think I've ever wanted to use the mouse wheel as a button anyway, i'd much rather use another button.

Are the batteries on the mouse replaceable? Since it is possible that the battery's maximum life will degrade over time.

Not by any standard means no, no access to inside the mouse either.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007, 02:38 

The thing turns itself off if you leave it for 10 seconds, but then comes instantly on if you caress it, with no lag whatsoever. Instant signal and cursor movement.

Something about caressing a mouse bugs me... it just seems... weird...

Even though it doesnt have the switchable dpi ive never had it so its making it more tempting for me to want this mouse for a future pc or even my current pc :D

Bongo or anyone else who has used both adjustable dpi and this mouse for gaming, do you miss the dpi changing and speed that comes with it especially in a fps?

Also Johnny would you mind taking a picture with your hand on it in a normal using position just so i can get a size idea of how big it is?

Thanks for both questions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next