Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2007, 09:07 
Editors
Editors

Yay for thread revival.

I have the G7 now and love it. The revolution just was not for me, granted I didnt get to spend days or weeks with it in ownership.. but I atleast got hands on with it at best buy for awhile. The shape just wasnt right to me and it was too big, not to mention there is a sutch thing as too many buttons to me.

The G7 was on sale for 57$ and I got it and will never look back its very similar to my beloved MX518.

It has... 8 buttons wich is plenty.

Question... Am I the only one that thinks the G5 is pointless??? I much prefer the MX518 to it and its cheaper.

The only difference is 2000dpi laser vs 1600 optical. But I never even use the full 1600 hardly, and prefer the feel of the MX518 to the G5.

My only gripe about the G7 is the scroll wheel is kinda too clicky on the forward roll, granted its new and it will probably wear in over time. It does have a good point to make up for it tho, its the first tilt scroll wheel that I liked and feel is worthy to gaming, its very much a click and easy to do when you want, but not like most other mice that will click to one side or the other too easy when your just trying to use the scroll wheel (or push it in)

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2007, 09:10 

I have a one and a half year old Logitech MX1000. Very satisfied and no way I will go back to wired mouse again.

The mouse is great and all, only that the last couple of months I find it harder and harder to make it start charging without a lot of effort. Well, it can take me up to 1-2 min to place it in such a specific way to actualy start charging. I wiped clean both the charger and the under side of the mouse, but without much difference.
Don't know what is causing it but it is getting enough annoying that I might change mouse the next few months just for this.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2007, 12:10 

Johnny what was the email address that you used to contact Logitech? Their support page only has phone numbers and I want to know the exact frequency so I can adjust my wireless router's settings so it wont interfere.

Johnny, after sending the earlier response, I searched the Internet and found some information that might be useful.

The 2.4 GHz wavelength of the MX Revolution wireless mouse reports laser position at about 570 Hz (times per second). This means that if the software driver is written correctly (more on that in a minute) then the mouse has absolutely no detectable lag at its 800 DPI (dots per inch) resolution (yes, you can notice the difference even compared to the already nice Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse).

Email address is: [email protected]

Mobster, I am happy to email you the whole transcript if you like. They were very helpful.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2007, 12:10 

Holy thread revival Batman!

Johnny what was the email address that you used to contact Logitech? Their support page only has phone numbers and I want to know the exact frequency so I can adjust my wireless router's settings so it wont interfere.

Johnny, after sending the earlier response, I searched the Internet and found some information that might be useful.

The 2.4 GHz wavelength of the MX Revolution wireless mouse reports laser position at about 570 Hz (times per second). This means that if the software driver is written correctly (more on that in a minute) then the mouse has absolutely no detectable lag at its 800 DPI (dots per inch) resolution (yes, you can notice the difference even compared to the already nice Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse).

Email address is: [email protected]

Mobster, I am happy to email you the whole transcript if you like. They were very helpful.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2007, 14:06 

I have a one and a half year old Logitech MX1000. Very satisfied and no way I will go back to wired mouse again.

Amen. MX1000 4 lyfe y0z.

The mouse is great and all, only that the last couple of months I find it harder and harder to make it start charging without a lot of effort. Well, it can take me up to 1-2 min to place it in such a specific way to actualy start charging. I wiped clean both the charger and the under side of the mouse, but without much difference.
Don't know what is causing it but it is getting enough annoying that I might change mouse the next few months just for this.

I've been getting that too, but nowhere near 1-2 minutes of work to charge it. Mine usually starts charging after a few pokes.

On the G7: it's a nice mouse, but it seems to have a lot of software problems. At least, for my friend it did. Also not ergonomic enough for my taste, but that's probably from spending too much time with the MX1000. Had I switched straight from my Intellimouse Explorer 3.0a, I'd probably be singing its praises right now.

Btw, what's the charge time and session life of the G7's batteries? My friend has to change his everyday, and it takes like a whole day to charge. I'd rather stick to charging only once a week. :S

Oh and of course, WIRELESS MICE BANZAI

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2007, 15:47 

Wow... I never noticed this long ass thread before.

Gabbo's take:

I recently got fed up with the lack of extra buttons on my G5 (great performance, but was lacking that extra thumb button). I had seen reports of the new G5/G7 with the extra button but could not find it in stores. I looked long and hard at the MX Revolution when I was at Fry's and almost bought it but decided against it because 1) I have never used a wireless mouse and was worried about performance, and 2) the MX is crazy expensive.

I ended up "downgrading" my mouse and bought an MX518. I lost laser (2000dpi) and went back to optical (1600dpi) but gained that extra thumb button back (I used to own an MX510 before it died). Let's just say that I can't tell a freaking difference in tracking between the G5 and my MX518. I am happy with the change, although I do miss the custom weights in my G5. The MX518 is a little light for my tastes and I grew accustomed to the weight of the G5.

I still may try out the MX if the price comes down a bit. It is one sexy looking mouse and I could use one less cord on my desk.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2007, 15:50 

I prefer the 518 to any mouse out there.

A gaming company did some tests apparently laser mice occasionally misread the laser mostly in speed movements.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2007, 17:36 
Insiders
Insiders

hey thanks johnny!
I actually don't need it anymore because I just bought a USB extension like you did for the dongle. :D

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2007, 00:45 

hey thanks johnny!
I actually don't need it anymore because I just bought a USB extension like you did for the dongle. :D

No wucken forries mate.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 08:14 

i am actually in the market for the same thing. wireless setup for widescreen gaming.

I think i'll go with the G7 though b/c it is proven and the battery swtich is so much more convenient.

but other than that, How about keybaords, ANY wireless keyboards with no lag?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next