Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 19:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 23:30 

Hi, I"m about ready to order the ERGOTECH TRIPLE MONITOR STAND. Looks really nice and I've read most of the comments on it. I have THREE LG 23" monitors. My outside monitors are roughly 2" to 3" thick and I see no problem with the support bracket (looks like an "X") screwing into the rear of these monitors..

Now the problem, my center monitor (which is also a 23" LG Monitor) but is MUCH thinner than the other ones. It's only about 1/2" thick (if that). how will the center support bracket work with this monitor? I would
think that upon attaching the bracket to the rear of the monitor would have the screw "hit" or interfere with
the actualy liquid crystal (or whatever it is on the front).

it's just so thin that I can't see anything penetrating the monitor in the rear (lol).. :doh

My two outside Monitors are LG FLATRON W2361VG (about 2" to 3" wide)
The center Monitor is LG FLATRON E2360 (About 1/2 Wide) ??

if anyone could help me out , I'd like to order the monitor stand and I hope that it will work for me...

Gerald

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2011, 08:23 
Insiders
Insiders

Sorry to tell you, but it appears that center monitor has no VESA mounting plate to screw the mounts into. :(
I don't have to look, but I assume that the other monitors do not have them, either. LG has been pretty bad for lacking the VESA mounting holes.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2011, 16:44 

Sorry to tell you, but it appears that center monitor has no VESA mounting plate to screw the mounts into. :(
I don't have to look, but I assume that the other monitors do not have them, either. LG has been pretty bad for lacking the VESA mounting holes.

Damn..thanks for your help.. You are right, NONE of the monitors have anything close to resembling a mounting plate of any kind.. Damn I wish I knew this when I purchased these monitors.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2011, 16:58 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Sorry to tell you, but it appears that center monitor has no VESA mounting plate to screw the mounts into. :(

Damn..thanks for your help.. You are right, NONE of the monitors have anything close to resembling a mounting plate of any kind.. Damn I wish I knew this when I purchased these monitors.

It could be hidden, like have to take the stand off first to reveal it.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 03:29 
Insiders
Insiders

If they're new enough, you can always return them, or perhaps swap them for credit and/or different monitors.

PostPosted: 31 May 2011, 00:16 

It could be hidden, like have to take the stand off first to reveal it.

I'd do this and check. When I got my 3rd? or 2nd monitor in, when I was moving it on my desk the back came off and I panicked because I had no clue what had just happened. When I took a closer look, I realized that each monitor had a plate on the back that was covering up the VESA mounts.

It'd mention VESA 75 or VESA 100 in the technical specs or product details on the monitor if you have that handy.