Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 10:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 15:50 
Editors
Editors

Rumour has it that Ivy Bridge has been pushed back into 2012.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/intels_ivy_bridge_cpu_launch_slips_march_2012

Found confirmation.

No LGA2011 until late Q1 2012.

Waiting for SB-E is pointless, unless you want to try waiting until the middle of next year (the issues with the P67 chipset early on have made me a bit gunshy about jumping straight in on launch day...)

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 18:57 

[quote]Rumour has it that Ivy Bridge has been pushed back into 2012.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/intels_ivy_bridge_cpu_launch_slips_march_2012

Found confirmation.

No LGA2011 until late Q1 2012.

Aww, dont say that :(

Oh well, then I guess the best choice today is to buy the 970 after all. It's still a very good CPU and will manage things great for at least another year or two with todays graphic-cards.
I personally have a very bad feeling about Bulldozer though, and AMD is handling the press and release like amateurs for some reason. I hope it will at least be the beginning of a real comeback, but these closest upcoming models will most likely not be fighting Intel's current enthusiast-CPU's, but rather todays Sandybridge. So eventhough it's very interesting tech, it's not something I'd personally wait for just yet, especially considering their first models will be phased out for new models this winter already (If the "leaked" info about that is true).