Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 May 2024, 08:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 May 2008, 07:12 

I have my Xbox 360 connected with the Microsoft VGA cable to my Samsung 225bw. The color seems a little washed out and not very vivid...the quality just seems off in general.

I'm using 1360x768 and the 'standard' (have tried expanded too) for reference levels.

Any ideas? The monitor looks fine connected to my pc with DVI...it's just the Xbox 360 with VGA that looks strange.

PostPosted: 18 May 2008, 13:14 
Editors
Editors

I'm not using Xbox 360, but I remember there were some problems with colors in Component vs. VGA. A patch came and it was said to fix it. Have you updated your Xbox 360?

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 07:35 

When I used my VGA cables with my Samsung LCD TV I found the colors were much more washed out. From what I can tell that's just what happens. I went ahead..bought the Elite version so I had HDMI and just plugged into my tv with the HDMI>...now its Beautiful plus I can turn on the Just Scan which allows 1:1 Pixel Mapping so no OverScan at all (yes...there is some overscan even on LCD's). Now its beautiful.