Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 May 2024, 03:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 13:56 

I have Logitech G7 wireless mouse and love it to bits and pieces, but the battery is ridiculous because it dies within 24 hours, so i have to swap to the other charging pack(it comes with 2 rechargable batteries).

I also used the MX Revolution, good battery, but it's heavy and bulky!

i'm looking for a wireless mouse with at least 2000dpi.

I love the Logitech G9 mouse, but it's wired, i know a wireless version is in the works, but nothing so far, and i can't wait any longer.

so what do you guys recommend for wireless gaming mouse?

marwan,

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 14:44 
Insiders
Insiders

A wireless gaming mouse sounds like an oxymoron.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 14:54 

I'm with him...

I've used tons of wireless.

Input lag up the wazoo.

Get a nice MX518...sure its old...but its still the best!

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 20:27 

But have you guys tried the Logitech G7? i barely experience lag on it, but it's brilliant, and extremly precise!

what about the Microsoft Wireless Laser Etertainment 8000?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=080

or the Microsoft Waireless Laser Entertainment 7000?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/images/products/wed8k/mk_productfeatures_wed8k.jpg

both run on Bluetooth, but the 700 costs $300 while the 8000 coat $600 WTF? why? and sadly they're both missing the numeric keypad.

so, what do you guys think of the Logitech G9(wired) and the MS Hubu, which strangely enough is infrared instead of laser.

i dig the blue auro, but it's wired! i was holding it at the store today and i was extremly tempted to get it.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 20:34 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm sorry my suggestion only fits half your criteria. But I game with a Logitech MX Revolution and I love it.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 20:42 

I'm sorry my suggestion only fits half your criteria. But I game with a Logitech MX Revolution and I love it.

i like the revolution, but it's too heavy and bulky(and flat) for my taste. what about the VX Revolution, is that any good?

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 20:44 

IMO wireless = laptop necessity, and that's about the extent of it's usefulness as far as I'm concerned. I was tempted by the laser tech when they came out with it but even though they have wired ones that use it I still don't like the loose scroll wheels they went to in the G series. Even the MX518 doesn't have as solid a scroll wheel click as my MX500.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 22:18 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I'm sorry my suggestion only fits half your criteria. But I game with a Logitech MX Revolution and I love it.

i like the revolution, but it's too heavy and bulky(and flat) for my taste. what about the VX Revolution, is that any good?

I have no experience with the VX Revolution. I saw one in a store but it looked to small for my hand.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 23:15 

why do you need wireless?

I'm still picking on you about this.

There is documentation that laser mice, loose pixels in converting the image and is not as clean as a move as an optical mouse, so if your hardcore I'd avoid those.

I'm telling you the MX518 is sexy.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 04:50 

Skeeder one argument I never hear posed is how the weight of wireless mice is actually worse than the cord on a corded mouse, esp if you use a cord keeper. Add to that fast battery drain and the expense, and even if there were no input lag or other technical reasons, it's enough to avoid them.

I have a neighbor that uses a 32" HDTV display and sits on his couch 10' away with a wireless KB, mouse and gamepad. He's not only constantly charging up AA batteries in his cheap Eveready wall socket charger, the position he places his mouse in isn't even remotely ergo.