Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 May 2024, 02:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 19:15 

Have the batteries always been that ridiculously short OP? If you have had it for a few years and just recently they have started getting crummy

http://www.buylogitech.com/store/logius/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.11198200

Buy two new ones for 5 bucks each perhaps? 10 dollars is much cheaper than a new mouse, and if those batteries die, you aren't out of too much.

Infernus, batteries eventually after enough recharge cycles start to lose capacity, and some drain if they just sit, also older batteries (assuming it is a few years old) had more of a tendency to die sooner and get poor memory effects, they keep getting better. Also if he had his base station on quick charge mode, battery cycles are used faster if you charge it in 2 hours instead of say 12-24 hours.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 16:35 

I've used my MX1000 for about 3 years, and quite heavily during 2 of them (blame WoW), and it still holds up for 5-7 days.

As for G7 batteries, I think they always last up to a day, less with heavy gaming. My friend has one and he chews 'em up at around that rate. The charging is also quite slow (no special modes either) since it's only powered via USB.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 19:25 

I've used my MX1000 for about 3 years, and quite heavily during 2 of them (blame WoW), and it still holds up for 5-7 days.

As for G7 batteries, I think they always last up to a day, less with heavy gaming. My friend has one and he chews 'em up at around that rate. The charging is also quite slow (no special modes either) since it's only powered via USB.

There is a mode switch on the charging base of the G7. Normal mode will charge the battery in about 4 hours and express mode will do it in 2. There are no reasons you'll ever run out without a ready pack.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 19:30 

I don't see why you'd run out of batteries in the middle of something. Any Logitech mouse with non-replaceable batteries last 5-14 days a charge, so leave it charged overnight if you really think you need it the next day. >_>

Call it a hold over from the old days when rechargables have memory effect. I usually don't put the mouse on the charger every night and will only put it on when the battery is low (which is mostly ok since you still have a few hours after low battery warning). The only problem is if you then forget to put it on the charger, you'll probably have a dead mouse the next day.

Even nowadays with Li-Ion packs. I found that having to remember to put the mouse on the charger is more hassle than just swapping pack when needed on the G7.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2008, 18:01 

I've had my mouse on low batt for at least 2-3 days before it actually shut off, so I'm not sure forgetting is even an excuse anymore. To each his own I guess; I just think switching packs in a firefight is more annoying and more likely to happen than a mouse with a non-replaceable battery [dying in a firefight].

Speaking of which, it seems Logitech has released a new one: MX1100. It's still a productivity mouse, with their new scroll wheel and all, but it also supports up to 1600dpi.