Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Oct 2024, 05:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011, 12:36 

Hello guys,

I am a longtime user of matrox th2go, and recently built a new rig. As the th2go (digital) doesnt support DX11 features, I am looking into the nvidia surround solution. Understand it works only in SLI mode, so i have to look for a 2nd GTX580. But have a few questions:

In case there is a game which doesnt support SLI, does it mean I cannot run this game in surround at all? (switchback to th2go?)

So in case SLI is switched off, I get automatically only one display?

How does it work with the normal windows desktop? Is it on three monitors or just one and than switching to three when playing a sli supported game?

I never used SLI before, so I dont know exactly how it works, when it is enabled/disabled and how that influences surround? (the th2go just worked out of the box everywhere - on desktop, in-games etc)

And another question. Would like to change my old 19" (5:4) monitors to 23-24" (16:9/16:10) monitors, supporting 3D (120Hz). Pls could you give me some recommendations, which monitors i should focus on? each monitor shouldnt be more expansive than EUR 300/USD 450.

thanks,
pudel

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011, 16:03 

if mean that there isnt an sli profile for the game? You can still run in surround, Its easier with nvidia as you can just set a profile manually to work till they release a dedicated profile.

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011, 16:32 

With NV surround it's all configurable in the NV control panel.
You can turn on and off SLI or multimonitor whenever you want.
I have not run into a game that doesn't support SLI (I don't play old games) so I can't help you on that but with NV it would not be possible to run on 3 monitors if you disable SLI.
You desktop is on 3 monitors as one big 5760x1080 desktop.
Good luck with your shopping. Keep us posted.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011, 20:46 
Insiders
Insiders

Surorund will still work in the games that have no SLI support usually , but your performance will be awful.

At least this was the case with need for speed shift 2 when I tried that on it's release. There was no SLI support, but I could still run the game in surround if I wanted 25 FPS.

Post subject: Thank you.What about the
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 15:46 

Thank you.

What about the monitors?

My current favourite would be three of the Acer GD245HQbid. Any objections, suggestions, ideas, comments?