Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 18:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 6 monitor setup
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 05:24 

hello. im new to this forum, i have been reading and reading and reading and i dont know what to do, i am looking to build a powerful system and get high fps, im looking for performance

i have 6 monitrs, Dell P2311h. i am looking to build a system right now too,

the system i am looking to build is with a x68 mb when it comes out, i7-980x processor or 970, not sure, i want a ssd drive for my boot and wd 2tb drive for games and other stuff,

i dont know which video card to buy exactly, i have a lot of personal knowledge on nvidia and how powerful they are,

does nvidia do 6 monitors?

should i go with a 6970 ?

i want to play hawx 2 on all 6 screens with the most fps possible, i want to play crysis 2 with high fps and i dont mind paying for it

can someone give me some suggestions or help?

thanks
tom

Post subject: Re: 6 monitor setup
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011, 21:05 

hello. im new to this forum, i have been reading and reading and reading and i dont know what to do, i am looking to build a powerful system and get high fps, im looking for performance

I'm not well versed in the hardware, so I can't help you too much with that. One thing I did want to point out though is what I've heard some other people say: Doing a 3x2 array isn't necessarily the best idea. The problem is that doing this puts a bezel line straight through the center of your vision... Right smack in the middle of where you're looking will be a bit thick black line. What I've seen recommended is going a 5x1 in portrait orientation rather than 3x2 in landscape. The actually size will not be terribly different and you won't get a horizontal bezel right in your middle field of view.