Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012, 12:51 
Founder
Founder

A few threads have popped up asking questions about the WSGF Monitor stand (or any Ergotech stand), and posting their experiences. I'd like to pull all the questions (and answers) into one location.

Edit - I am going to close this thread. I've opened up a whole forum section, with a topic for each item in the store (stands and options). This will allow us to keep product-specific discussions in one thread. Also, Ergotech has updated their branding and has renamed the "HD" line to the "Freedom" line. The store and forum section now reflect that.

Ask your questions in the appropriate thread here - http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=93

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 18:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Looks really awesome!!! but at the moment a little to pricey for me;)) Still it looks awesome!!!! I know now, I have to start collecting some money for it!!:))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 19:13 

Sorry for the large picture size, but the stand is great! when i received my shipment, i was missing an extra pivot joint, and the 5-segment bar. Ergotech worked with me to fulfill the rest of my order with no extra costs. i was up and running about 3 weeks ago, but wanted to make sure everything looked right before getting to know how it felt during usage.

I am running 5x Asus VE248H 24" monitors in 5x1 Portrait (shown, derp!), using a combination of DVI and DisplayPort adapters. they are attached to an ASUS DircetCU II 7970. as it is already OC'd by maybe a few MHz, so far the card is holding up well. I can say that i am ready for Windows 8 ahead of schedule with this monitor stand, and am very happy with it. I did have to order an extra adjustable pivot for the center monitor, in case i wanted a completely flat setup. right now i have the 5 monitors in a nice curve with noticeable gaps in between each. the sheer weight sits on my tempered glass desk, so i may be in for another desk soon.

I also wish there was a place that sells custom cabling options, because right now, the PC sits behind the monitors on the right side, and cable management could definitely benefit from shorter cables, so they are not bunched up in the back.

The immediate cost may turn some heads, but i also own ErgoTech's triple stand arms, and i am still satisfied with their service and products. If i can find another base for sale, i can put my triple monitor stand back into play for my second pc downstairs. note that i purchased the Full upgrade, which reuses the flat u-shaped base. i do have a question though about height adjustment, because my setup is pretty flat on the table, but i want to know if i should raise the monitors higher, so that my eyes are in the middle of the screens, instead of on the top. I currently look down at them all.

I have not found many games that look great on this custom/large resolution, but right now i am awaiting Diablo 3, and playing lots of Saints Row:The Third. Valve games i tried so far was Left 4 Dead 2, and MW3 MP doesn't like the large resolution, even with the widescreen fix (too zoomed in, can't see HUD elements and is extremely blurry :( )

Post subject: rgrwng wrote:I also wish
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 19:31 
Founder
Founder

I also wish there was a place that sells custom cabling options, because right now, the PC sits behind the monitors on the right side, and cable management could definitely benefit from shorter cables, so they are not bunched up in the back.

The immediate cost may turn some heads, but i also own ErgoTech's triple stand arms, and i am still satisfied with their service and products. If i can find another base for sale, i can put my triple monitor stand back into play for my second pc downstairs. note that i purchased the Full upgrade, which reuses the flat u-shaped base. i do have a question though about height adjustment, because my setup is pretty flat on the table, but i want to know if i should raise the monitors higher, so that my eyes are in the middle of the screens, instead of on the top. I currently look down at them all.

I got cables from Monoprice.com for mine. I picked up a bunch of one, two and three foot power cables. They also have DP cables of many sizes. Also, you can absolutely raise the monitors to eye level. There are no issues with weight or balance. Just take your monitors off first. ^_^

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 19:49 

Skipclarke

The new HD Triple XL stand supports 27" montiros would it be able to support 3 30" monitiors?

Ive got 3 30" hazro monitiors these are the dimension of the monitors - Dimensions: Approx: 690(L) x 445(W) x 65mm(D) (excluding stand) they each weigh 11kg

would this be able to support them?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 22:46 
Founder
Founder

Skipclarke

The new HD Triple XL stand supports 27" montiros would it be able to support 3 30" monitiors?

Ive got 3 30" hazro monitiors these are the dimension of the monitors - Dimensions: Approx: 690(L) x 445(W) x 65mm(D) (excluding stand) they each weigh 11kg

would this be able to support them?

It *MIGHT*, but I can't promise. I checked out the hazro.co.uk website, and the HZ30Wi is within the 25 pound limit of the pivot, so it should be okay on the bar (considering you've only got three monitors). The width is over the specs set by Ergotech, which provide for a "good angle" between monitors. Yours are 690mm (27"), which is 1.5" over the spec. This would mean that your monitors would end up with a "flatter" arrangement.

I'm sure that the monitors would fit, I just can't promise that their arrangement would fit your taste for arrangement. If you did choose to order, I couldn't offer any return option. My apologies, but I'm trying to answer as honestly as I can.

Post subject: Dell U2711
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012, 13:53 

Does anyone know if it'll support 3 Dell U2711's in landscape (3 x 1)? None of the other stands appear to be able to fit them all in.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 01:17 
Founder
Founder

Does anyone know if it'll support 3 Dell U2711's in landscape (3 x 1)? None of the other stands appear to be able to fit them all in.

Yes. This stand was designed specifically with the Dell and HP 27" monitors in mind. The specs on the Dell U2711 show that it is 25.46" wide. The spec sheet on the stand shows that it will handle monitors 25.5" wide.

This was determined by Ergotech to allow the monitors to still have a "good angle" between them. I personally don't have 27" panels to test with, but I know several people have purchased the stand for 27" panels and been pleased with it. If you are only going to do 3x27" (and not look at 1+3 at any point), then check out the new HD Triple XL that I developed with Ergotech. It will save you $50 over the WSGF Edition.

Post subject: hi skipclarkethanks for
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 09:24 

hi skipclarke

thanks for your response on this i may give it a try as looked around and cant find any other stands that may support 3 30" displays.

do you have any update on when you are getting them back in stock?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2012, 04:31 

hi , a question i have for anyone that can answer : i have 3 nec 2470WNX monitors , i have them setup where the middle monitor overlaps the 2 side monitors which in turn give me a thiner bezel . the question is would either the stock ergotech or wsg stand allow for this , keep in mind these monitors are about 2 1/2" thick.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next