Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012, 01:03 

Hello, any June update on these bad-boys. ;)

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012, 02:38 
Founder
Founder

Hello, any June update on these bad-boys. ;)

I talked with Ergotech on Tuesday, and they were still on target for being in stock on Thursday. I haven't spoken with them since then, but I will confirm this next week.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012, 18:22 
Founder
Founder

Units are back in stock, and the first couple of backorders have shipped.

Post subject: Awesome news!
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 11:23 

Awesome news!

Post subject: All backorders have been
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 18:40 
Founder
Founder

All backorders have been shipped, and we are 100% caught up.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2012, 10:18 

Skip, I just wanted to thank you and whomever else was involved with bringing this product to market. I have owned a lot of multi-monitors stands but this is a whole new level. The quality and adjustability of this stand is amazing. Best $400 I've ever spent!

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 23:09 

Hi Skip,

I am really interested in ordering the WSGF Edition of this stand but had a couple of questions before I pull the trigger.

1.) I have THREE (3) 30" monitors and would like to run them in portrait mode - Will the WSGF Edition stand work for that configuration?

2.) If I want to run those 3 monitors in landscape mode (3 30" monitors), is it possible with this stand?

Please let me know as I'd like to order one ASAP.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 02:35 
Founder
Founder

Hi Skip,

I am really interested in ordering the WSGF Edition of this stand but had a couple of questions before I pull the trigger.

1.) I have THREE (3) 30" monitors and would like to run them in portrait mode - Will the WSGF Edition stand work for that configuration?

2.) If I want to run those 3 monitors in landscape mode (3 30" monitors), is it possible with this stand?

Please let me know as I'd like to order one ASAP.

Thanks.

I'd love to sell you one! But I don't want to sell you something that's not going to work.

1 - The panel itself is 20.4 pounds. This is "just" over the 20 pound limit we've set. I don't think it will be a problem. The pivots are tested to 25 pounds, and we went conservative predicting the weight on a 5x1-P setup. In that setup, your monitors are arranged as such: A + B + C + D + E. The letters represent the monitors, and the plus signs are the joints on the arms. With 5x 12 pound monitors, the middle two joints will each have 24 pounds on them. Your 20.4 pound monitors are within the expected weight distribution of a 5x1-P system. Also, the U2711 is 23 pounds, and I know those work.

Your monitors are about 17 3/4" high (or wide in P mode). The issue is whether they will attach the the bar and not hit where one of the pivots is located. You have 19 - 19.5" from the center pivot to the outside pivot (depending on the angle of the arms). The monitors should fit. As you angle the arms in more, you slide the pivot down the arm. I can't promise that you will be able to set the monitors at your preferred angle. That position might put the pivot right on the monitor joint. Based on the angle I have mine at (about 45 degrees), I think you'll make it.

2 - This is trickier. Your monitors are about 27 1/3" wide. They will fit on the stand. There is plenty of room to hit 27"+ between pivots. It just comes down to the angle. Your panels are almost 2" wider, but there is plenty of room. It's all about making sure you can get the panels at an angle you're happy with.

I do think it will work. Your panels are a bit lighter, but a bit larger. Normally I can't do returns on the stand, because Ergotech considers it a custom product and doesn't offer me a return. I'm willing to take the chance on determining if 30" panels will work. If you don't like it, I'll refund your purchase price (though I can't refund any shipping costs). I'll take the gamble of holding on to one for a while to get definitive answers on 30" panels. All I ask is that you take pics and document your experience - success or fail. How's that for a deal?

I realize you've only got two panels, but I'd also like to get some insight on how 30" panels work in 1+3. If you can test the spacial relationship of two panels one over the other, that would be great as well.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 19:50 

I'd love to sell you one! But I don't want to sell you something that's not going to work.

1 - The panel itself is 20.4 pounds. This is "just" over the 20 pound limit we've set. I don't think it will be a problem. The pivots are tested to 25 pounds, and we went conservative predicting the weight on a 5x1-P setup. In that setup, your monitors are arranged as such: A + B + C + D + E. The letters represent the monitors, and the plus signs are the joints on the arms. With 5x 12 pound monitors, the middle two joints will each have 24 pounds on them. Your 20.4 pound monitors are within the expected weight distribution of a 5x1-P system. Also, the U2711 is 23 pounds, and I know those work.

Your monitors are about 17 3/4" high (or wide in P mode). The issue is whether they will attach the the bar and not hit where one of the pivots is located. You have 19 - 19.5" from the center pivot to the outside pivot (depending on the angle of the arms). The monitors should fit. As you angle the arms in more, you slide the pivot down the arm. I can't promise that you will be able to set the monitors at your preferred angle. That position might put the pivot right on the monitor joint. Based on the angle I have mine at (about 45 degrees), I think you'll make it.

2 - This is trickier. Your monitors are about 27 1/3" wide. They will fit on the stand. There is plenty of room to hit 27"+ between pivots. It just comes down to the angle. Your panels are almost 2" wider, but there is plenty of room. It's all about making sure you can get the panels at an angle you're happy with.

I do think it will work. Your panels are a bit lighter, but a bit larger. Normally I can't do returns on the stand, because Ergotech considers it a custom product and doesn't offer me a return. I'm willing to take the chance on determining if 30" panels will work. If you don't like it, I'll refund your purchase price (though I can't refund any shipping costs). I'll take the gamble of holding on to one for a while to get definitive answers on 30" panels. All I ask is that you take pics and document your experience - success or fail. How's that for a deal?

I realize you've only got two panels, but I'd also like to get some insight on how 30" panels work in 1+3. If you can test the spacial relationship of two panels one over the other, that would be great as well.

Skip,

Sounds like a deal!

Just one quick clarification though; I have THREE Dell U3011 monitors, not the U2711. I see that you've mentioned 30" monitors further down in your reply but first you referenced the U2711 so I want to make sure the measurements you've stated are for the U3011 and NOT the U2711 (?).

I am ready to order so please confirm the measurements you've stated are for the U3011 and not the U2711.

Thanks.

*EDIT: I checked the U3011 specs and that corresponds to what you've written! Placing an order for the WSGF Edition stand right now! :)

I'm in California; when can I expect the stand?

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 20:14 
Founder
Founder

I will submit the order to Ergotech for Monday. There is 5-7 days of processing and kitting. From there it will ship UPS Ground from New York. Probably looking at 10-12 days.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next