Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 01:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 87  Next
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 17:36 

Thanks - I'll give it a whirl later tonight, testing between single and multi and post results again.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 22:01 

Here is a brand new cheat table that should work with MGS SP with:
- No need to calculate anything (markers fix only).
- Possibility to set custom UI size.
- Futur updates (hope so).

Fix :
- Ticking the FOV first won't end in a black screen in game.

mgsvtpp_1.0.7.1+.zip

You need to download and install Cheat Engine.
Once the game and save are loaded alt+tab back to windows desktop and open the cheat table in Cheat Engine.
Click the computer icon and select the Metal Gear process.

After this, all you have to do is to check the markers fix script.
If you want to customise the UI size, tick the "markers position fix" and double click the "Custom_UI_Size" value.
If you want to revert to auto calculation set that value back to 0.
I you want to modify the fov, check the box and modify the FOV value that will be available after.
If you want to undo all the fixes, simply uncheck the relatives checkboxes.

I've left the Jackfuste original Sonar Effect fix untouched. It won't work with the latest version.
I don't plan to update it. It has never worked for me anyway.

Note :
Prior to use this cheat table you need to patch your game exe file following erkboi excellent tutorial given in page 7 of this thread.
This cheat table may also work with MGO. You have first to edit the scripts and change "mgsvtpp.exe" (without double quotes) everywhere with "mgsvmgo.exe".

Credits goes to Jackfuste for original fixes.

Last edited by K4sh on 17 Mar 2016, 19:43, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016, 23:37 

Thanks a lot K4sh! For others using K4sh's fix, there are a few things worth noting. When the "UI size" checkbox is ticked, it will continuously update the UI size as you're playing, which causes some GUI stutter (especially in binocs/scope). You can check-then-uncheck UI size to keep it from flickering.

Also, updating K4sh's script for MGO is as simple as doing find/replace for every instance of "tpp" and replacing it with "mgo". Really, it's that easy! So I've done that and it works for MGO now. Here is K4sh's script tweaked so that it works with MGO...

mgsvmgo.CT

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2016, 05:32 

Just as a finished up my findings you guys are ahead of me - I can confirm the new MGO CT works swell with MGO. FoV works fine long as there's a value (i.e. 0.07 = 70 degrees), and I personally don't have any GUI stutter with the binocs or scope.

Cheers! You guys rule!

Edit: Using an i7 4770k and 980ti so that may be why I'm not experiencing the problem.

Last edited by lteddy on 17 Mar 2016, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2016, 06:07 

blake_n wrote:
Thanks a lot K4sh! For others using K4sh's fix, there are a few things worth noting. When the "UI size" checkbox is ticked, it will continuously update the UI size as you're playing, which causes some GUI stutter (especially in binocs/scope). You can check-then-uncheck UI size to keep it from flickering.

I didn't notice any stutter while playing with that hack enabled but you're right.
The calculation is injected in a function that is called many many time.
This new code is only few opcodes that should not be CPU hungry.
Maybe it depends on which model you have. Got a i7 6700K overclocked.
That's probably the reason why i don't see anything.

I guess it's possible to outsource the calculation part so that it's only processed once but i don't know how to do it now.
Cheat Engine is a very powerfull tool and i have to admit i'm still a newbie in using it.
Anyway, it looks like you use my CT linked in page 65. Did you try the latest one i linked few posts earlier ?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2016, 11:51 

I hope Jackfuste fix this game again ! Need the sonar and the other tweaks.

A Tutorial how to find Addresses for Wind and Sonar after new Patches would be great.

I opened a Thread for a official fix please support me ! http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/di ... 622165174/

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2016, 19:32 

I think I know what happened K4sh. You didn't actually link to your newest CT on page 67. I checked the links and they're the same link on page 67 as your older post on page 65 (fixed). So yeah I am currently using your old CT. Another thing, the UI flicker was happening at one point, but then it didn't the next time I played. I may have induced the flicker by trying to control the marker size in a previous instance, now I just let it automatically size the markers.

And QuadGore, what are you talking about? You can patch your own EXEs either by following the HEX editing tutorial by ekrboi on page 7 of this topic or by downloading and using the batch script by iria2 on page 9 of this topic that applies the HEX edits automatically. People are not always going to upload the HEX edited EXEs for each patch, so you should learn to do it yourself for a quick, reliable fix post-patch.

Oh, and it looks like lteddy on page 65 has actually done this and uploaded the new EXEs patched for 3440x1440. Don't start a new thread on the matter, that's just going to divide the small group of people discussing this already!

EDIT: Oh, and of course K4sh has the latest cheat table on page 67 near the bottom.

Last edited by blake_n on 17 Mar 2016, 19:48, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2016, 19:46 

blake_n wrote:
I think I know what happened K4sh. You didn't actually link to your newest CT on page 67.

You are right. It's updated in my post.

Will investigate if possible to calculate the X and Y ratio outside of the original markers position function.

Enjoy

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2016, 19:50 

Thanks K4sh, and I don't think it's necessary to pull that computation out of the loop, especially if it's going to take you on a wild goose chase. It worked fine when I last used your CT, so maybe the UI flicker I experienced was an edge case that only happens when you interact with the cheat table a certain way.

I've got an overclocked i5 6600k by the way, so I don't think it was an issue with a bogged down CPU (I hope).

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2016, 13:40 

@blake_n

I don't need a patched exe, i know to patch it by myself, but i don't know how to find/search for new Addresses to fix the Markers, Sonar and The Wind effect !
I know how to add new codes to fix this problems, but i don't know how to find these codes by myself, for that reason i asked for a tutorial.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 87  Next