Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2015, 05:34 

Hello WSGF!

I learned of WSGF from Linus' Ergotech vid shoutout as many others probably did too, I've been a widescreen nut ever since I got my triple monitor setup a couple of years ago and gaming is my number one hobby.

Here is my most current setup:

They are 3x BenQ XL2420Z's and I mainly use them for flight sims and racing, other than that I mostly play at 1920 when it comes to FPS or 3rd person games, mainly because of the reason that I find the stretching on the outer monitors with NVIDIA Surround to be too extreme for my taste and the fact that 5760x1080 is very demanding even on a pretty beefy rig, though I love the workspace with 3 monitors and I could never go back to less.

However, I have recently preordered the Acer X34 ultra-wide IPS G-Sync monitor that's coming out pretty soon and I plan to use it as my main monitor with the other 3 as workspace monitors, which is one of the reasons I joined this forum;

I have been looking for a monitor stand that can support all 4 of the monitors, both size and weight, the Acer at the bottom and the 3 BenQ's on the top tilted downwards, though ideally the best setup would be the Acer in the middle and a BenQ on either side plus one on the top - like most 4x monitor setups, but I am worried that it would be too wide, since my 3 BenQ's already go edge to edge of my desk as we speak, I'd hate to have people walk into the side-monitors when I have people over, then again if I did a setup like that I'd probably have to angle the side monitors way more than I do now which would eventually save some space as well, I'm not exactly sure about the weight of the X34 without the stand but I'd estimate a little over 10kg's, as the stock package from the retailer is 14kg - most stands I've found have 10kg as max weight limit for each monitor, if any of you have suggestions for stands then by all means please tell me.

I didn't really know whether to post this in the introduction thread or somewhere else as it's an all-in-one post, feel free to move the topic to the right place, I would appreciate any help with my project anyhow.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2015, 11:26 
Administrators
Administrators

:welcome

Nice setup :)

With regards to stands, ergotech are a solid build, which is why they are used to build our own custom stands.
Have you had a chance to check out - http://www.wsgf.org/catalog/stands ?

SkipClarke (founder of WSGF) is the "Stand Guru" on these matters.

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2015, 19:10 

Delphium wrote:
:welcome

Nice setup :)

With regards to stands, ergotech are a solid build, which is why they are used to build our own custom stands.
Have you had a chance to check out - http://www.wsgf.org/catalog/stands ?

SkipClarke (founder of WSGF) is the "Stand Guru" on these matters.

Yeah, I had a look at the stands and if I understand correctly the http://www.wsgf.org/products/freedom-wsgf-edition-ultimate-desk-stand-v2 would work if I placed the 34'' by itself either on top or under the 3 other monitors, if I wanted to have the 34'' in landscape with the 24'' on each side I'd need the http://www.wsgf.org/products/wsgf-ultimate-stand-mega-edition but that would leave the bottom/top monitor off-center.

Is there any way that the 34'' would fit on the same row as the two 24'' monitors on the Freedom Kit at all? 3x 24'' = 81'' and 24'' x2 +34'' = 82'' so it takes up one extra inch, but it's probably more than that in a straight line excluding the diagonal length, aspect ratio and all, angling has a part in it too...but this stuff is beyond me so I'll refrain from making a further fool out of myself.

So, would I be better off contacting the Guru himself or should I try my luck and hope that he reads this post? :)

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2015, 08:26 
Administrators
Administrators

SkipeClarke is most efficient, I am sure he will pick this up ;)

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2015, 14:51 
Founder
Founder

You can do 24-34-24 on the Ultimate stand. You don't need the Mega. I did it with a 34" curved and two of the new thin-bezel 25" panels from Dell. You can see the pics here:

http://www.wsgf.org/article/review-lg-3 ... lay-page-2

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2015, 19:28 

That makes me relieved, looks like I might be going for the Ultimate stand then! Also, I like how you mounted the stand directly to the desk without the foot, would you mind giving me some info on how you did that, and perhaps delivery time to say...Norway for the stand? :)