Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 23:32 

I was wondering if anyone has their WGSF with 3+ screens on one of those motorized sit stand desk frames? If not does any one see a problem with using the stand on one of them so long as it does not lower or raise to fast and the motor can handle the extra weigh?

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 02:53 
Founder
Founder

I wouldn't see an issue with it, as long as the height adjustment was slow and smooth. My one concern would be any quick starts or stops that would cause the monitor and arms to "bounce". What panels do you have?

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 01:54 

Right now 2 Asus 24s and an acer predator 27. Eventually I might make the the 24s to 27s or add a wide screen one on top... or both.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 22:02 

I have a Sit Stand desk that i use at home and i have a 1 over 3 setup and i use the WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2. I am running 4 Asus 27" monitors and i have had zero problems with my desk moving up or down. Monitors do not move or shake.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2017, 05:16 
Founder
Founder

Coffeehoues wrote:
I have a Sit Stand desk that i use at home and i have a 1 over 3 setup and i use the WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2. I am running 4 Asus 27" monitors and i have had zero problems with my desk moving up or down. Monitors do not move or shake.

:rockout:

Thanks for you confirmation. Which "sit stand" desk do you have?

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2017, 19:29 

I built my own with some legs and motors that i got from work. I use a Linak motor, legs and controller on a 6 foot desktop return. I have not had a single issue with monitors shaking or anything.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 07:11 

So funny when I saw your topic. I'm in the middle of getting my my new play/office done and one of my diction was to be able to have some kind of sit/stand mode and with months of research and measurements I was able to do just that.

I would love to post some pictures but it's been a while for me and would like to ask if you guys can suggest a good FREE image hosting site TY. Anyhow a small list of what I got...

Motorized Stand:
Uplift Blk Two Post Frame Only Kit (350lbs. Weight Capacity, 25.75" of height adjustment)

Triple Arm Assembly:
SimLab's Triple Monitor 80/20 Aluminum Frame Stand

Monitors:
LG 43UD79-B 43" 4K Monitors X 3

All I can say is this monitor setup just blows my mind...spans 8' across. Will show image when I find a good image hosting site.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2018, 18:32 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMU0cRY ... e=youtu.be :rockout:

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 20:41 

I just re-did my whole setup and am working on getting all the cables to help with the cable management. I now need to get a different motor to support for legs as my new table is a 6 foot workbench with my sit stand legs and i have aside table that my desktop sits on that i want to raise and lower with my main desk. I will probably have to wait till after taxes before i can get the new motor, but when i do i will post pics and a short video of the whole setup

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2018, 17:29 

SaintProphet wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has their WGSF with 3+ screens on one of those motorized sit stand desk frames? If not does any one see a problem with using the stand on one of them so long as it does not lower or raise to fast and the motor can handle the extra weigh?

I just upgraded to a Fully sit/stand desk with the WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with 4 27" monitors with no issue. The stand is solid and I have zero worries. Let me know if you have questions.