Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 23:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 06:53 
Editors
Editors

I'm bored, and want to work on some fixes. Please check FWS's Plugin List and WSF's Plugin List before you post a request, in addition to those, I have just finished tidying up a Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 and 3 fix, and a Frontlines: Fuel of War fix, they've not been posted yet.

Any game on this list that needs an Aspect Ratio or HUD fix is fair game, if you want something not on this list, you're free to donate the game to me on Steam (I suggest waiting for the soon to arrive summer sale!) or Origin and I will take a crack at it. Or if it's not available on either of those two services, or if you just prefer, you can donate the cost of it to me, and I'll buy it myself.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thelolotov/games/?tab=all&sort=name (Click all at the bottom on the left to show all games)

I've been rather quiet about the fixes, but I assure you, I've made a few, AR/HUD fix for Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, AR/HUD fix for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for Flawless Widescreen, and the 3 above that will be added soon.

Now give me something to do, damnit.

Edit: Due to some confusion, let me define this a bit better, I do not do FoV fixes yet, it's not something I'm knowledgeable about, greater minds than me have tried and failed at most games needing an FoV fix. I do Aspect Ratio and HUD fixes, that is to say, if the HUD in a game is stretched across the screen in triplehead or widescreen, or if you can select custom resolutions, but 3D elements are stretched, I can take a crack at fixing them. If gameplay is Vert-, at the moment, I probably can't fix it. I'd love to be able to do them in the future, as the vast majority of today's games seem have this issue, but for the time being, with my fairly limited understanding of memory editing, it's just not possible.

Post subject: Including 2D games?
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 22:28 

Including 2D games? :)

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 02:17 
Editors
Editors

Including 2D games? :)

Should have specified, no.

Post subject: If you can fix Shattered
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 03:35 
Insiders
Insiders

If you can fix Shattered Horizon or The Polynomial, go for it! Probably not the most commonly requested out there, but they're two of the only games I've purchased since going triple-wide that don't support it or have a community fix yet that could benefit from it. If you're still feeling the urge, I'll spring for them once the summer sale rolls around.

*Edit: Wow, that really makes me think about how much hor+ behavior has affecting my purchasing habits. If you're small or indie developer out there, I can put up with limited multi-monitor support to try something different. But I wouldn't even think about buying a major release that doesn't include it or have a fix.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 04:01 
Editors
Editors

If you can fix Shattered Horizon or The Polynomial, go for it! Probably not the most commonly requested out there, but they're two of the only games I've purchased since going triple-wide that don't support it or have a community fix yet that could benefit from it. If you're still feeling the urge, I'll spring for them once the summer sale rolls around.

*Edit: Wow, that really makes me think about how much hor+ behavior has affecting my purchasing habits. If you're small or indie developer out there, I can put up with limited multi-monitor support to try something different. But I wouldn't even think about buying a major release that doesn't include it or have a fix.

I've actually got both, I'll give em a shot.

EDIT: The Polynomial looks like an FoV problem, which is currently outside my realm of expertise. Shattered Horizon has a resolution issue, which I *might* take a crack at, but don't expect miracles.

Post subject: Could you try fixing
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 07:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Could you try fixing audiosurf?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 07:03 
Editors
Editors

Could you try fixing audiosurf?

I might try, but IIRC, AudioSurf is a flash game, which would make it very difficult.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 02:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Can you figure out a way to get a portrait 3x1 arrangement to emulate any desired resolution so that games will at least boot if they need a specific resolution? ;)

Wish AMD would include the option to just type in a resolution, add it to the Windows set, and then scale it depending on given preferences.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 03:02 
Editors
Editors

Can you figure out a way to get a portrait 3x1 arrangement to emulate any desired resolution so that games will at least boot if they need a specific resolution? ;)

Wish AMD would include the option to just type in a resolution, add it to the Windows set, and then scale it depending on given preferences.

That is far outside my jurisdiction and ability, sorry.

Post subject: please and thank you
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012, 03:23 

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Please